UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » S2R Warranty Claim

Old 14-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #16
LAURENT

Ducati is usualy easy for warrany claims. Lately the company is hardly selling anything and they don't want unhappy future customer.
My bike is just coming out the 6000 miles service done in France (because I had enough of aylesbury) and when the dealer have seen the paint peeling off my S4R, he told me that this was not hapening in France. It must be due to the amount of salt used in UK !! France is mainly using sand now , it's environement friendly ...
Good luck and next time don't put any sticker
Old 14-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #17
Perryl

My 1 year old S4r is starting to show signs of engine paint peeling off as did my previous S4. I mentioned it at the last service and was told that Ducati consider the finish of the engine unimportant as they are really race engines!!

Hmm. My bike has never seen salt so I am not very happy with the explanantion, especially on a bike costing over eight grand.

I intend to see how bad it gets before the warranty expires and then decide what to do.

Regards

Perry
Old 15-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #18
fordey

Louigi Moto

I had my 6000 mile service done at Louigi Moto......excellent job by the way. Its strange Ducati invalidating your warranty especially has the mechanic at Louigi Moto is Ducati approved or whatever the term is.....Yes riders are crap
Old 15-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #19
parkduc

I had paint coming off the offside engine cover, the footrest hanger and corrosion pitting on the forks within the warranty period. All was dealt with through Snells without any problems. Now though the paint is bubbling on the nearside cover and as the bike is 4 years old I guess its my problem. I am not that happy, this bike has never been in the rain or salt, is sprayed with that FS stuff after every ride kept in a garage under a dust cover. What with that and the ridiculous cost of servicing I don't think I would buy another one. By comparison when I was working I used Suzuki bikes for a 70 mile commute all through the year. The magazines always criticise Suzuki finish but a wash once a week and a WD40 spray kept them fine and I never had any troubles. Wouldn't fancy treating a Ducati the same way.