UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Ebay,used DP seat now dearer than a new one!

Old 14-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #16
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor
Looking at the Ducati site it appears that the gel seat is only suitable for 2000/2001 models onwards. I think that models form this date have a slightly rvised tank shape and the seat was changed to suit.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to fit a '98 900?
From what I can gather, and I say this as a 2001 owner, the 2000 on model has a single pin mounting point to lock it to the frame whereas the older bikes have a different mounting mechanism. Thats why the seat won't fit older models. And, yes, the cowl does fit over the Gel seat although its rather snug.

Hope this helps.

Phil
Old 16-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #17
Chaos Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson
So how much do you charge to club members for the seat then??? Might be tempted....
Sorry, been away so only answering now. At present it would be £110 inc vat + p&p if it's to be sent off.

If you supply a standard Kate Beckinsale I will do it for free. NB in the flesh, photo's do not count, and in lust with me. [what can I say, willing to sell soul for gun toting vampire in leather catsuit]

Last edited by Chaos Inc.; 16-08-2006 at 08:50 AM..
Old 16-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #18
benson

I will be saving up for the seat sadly rather than ofering Kate B - but will certainly let you know when I have enough pocket money and should like to buy one!!!!
Old 16-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #19
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebus
For those of you with the Ducati Performance gel seat, does it have gel for the pillion as well ? I am generally OK on mine, but my wife finds it very uncomfortable on the back after about 30 miles.
Nope sorry, not in the one I just got. The diagram supplied shows that the gel is just in riders position.

D.