UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Nearly complete :o)

Old 26-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #16
Space Cadet

Looks good!!, very similar colour scheme to mine and a belly pan really made a great difference to mine, would definitely recommend you getting one.

Also a cheap mod was to replace the orange indicator lenses with clear versions; this again made a great difference.
Old 26-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #17
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluprintZ View Post
Sorry Nicky, i can't seem to upload the pics in the PM area, so i'll have to put them here, why can't i upload the pics Pedro?

I'm not putting the belly pan back on mine after the re-build, so it's your's for £25, plus postage/courier.
It's not perfect, there's a small amount of damage to the underside, re: pics, although it's easily fixed with a trip to halfords for a touch of fibre-glass, it isn't carbon.
All the brackets and fasteners are included, so you could fit it straight away if you wished.
Anyway, check the pics out and let me know what you think.

Care,
G : )

Attachment 12445

Attachment 12446

Attachment 12447
My imola bellypan burnt through in exactly the same spot. They don't mould it deep enough to clear the downpipes properly IMO. I took a dremel to mine and cut out a 2" W x 8" LG slot to clear pipe and aid cooling, before I got it re-painted - sorted

Last edited by gary tompkins; 26-03-2009 at 08:40 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #18
BluprintZ

Hi Gary.

Yea, weird one that!
How come the manufacturers haven't picked up on that problem?
I suppose that most people can't really be bothered and i expect it takes a year or two to burn all the way through, bit odd though eh?

G. .
Old 26-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #19
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluprintZ View Post
Hi Gary.

Yea, weird one that!
How come the manufacturers haven't picked up on that problem?
I suppose that most people can't really be bothered and i expect it takes a year or two to burn all the way through, bit odd though eh?

G. .
Well mine only took about 2 weeks to burn through - depends how close it fits I suppose?

The problem with the Imola is you can't see the down pipes when it's fitted, making it very difficult to judge how close it sits. I also think the full length, solid bottomed design traps heat under the engine making the pipes run much hotter.
Old 26-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstaChicky View Post
Ok, here's some pics of my beloved...with new drops, cans, stripes, fairing...am now thinking he looks a little naked without a belly pan even though I didn't want one before...what you reckon?...

Nicky
Looks good but drop bars looks a bit extreme. Do you find they restrict the already limited monster steering lock? I had to adjust my own drops a lot before getting a good compromise between looks/comfort, and still manage to avoid loosing any lock. I found full-on drops too low for comfort on long rides. They put too much weight on my wrists - although they may be more bearable if used with rear set pegs.

Last edited by gary tompkins; 26-03-2009 at 09:01 PM..
Old 26-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #21
MonstaChicky

Yes was considering rearsets...have only ridden him a short distance with the drops so far...they don't restrict the lock though...and I much prefer the riding position...if weather ok will be going out this weekend so will let you know!

Nicky
Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #22
MonstaChicky

Have decided I'd never get my feet up on rearsets...at least not in my leathers...they're new and don't bend too well yet haha. Loving the drops though ) and the screen makes a huge difference! Bellypan has arrived (thanks, George ) and going on this week I think. Will get piccies up when done.

Had a total mare of a ride today though...but that was my fault not the bike's!!! Spose we all have off days!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #23
scrapps

Looks great.i like the style and look of your bars but i would not be able to ride it for long.
you pipes would look great with a bit of a clean up and a coat of heatproof (manifold) paint.
I gave mine a good clean up with brush and pianted them black,i have a small belly pan but the pipes still show,so it was a quick and cheap fix.(can't be arsed to polish them)
Old 07-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #24
paul33

looking good its my cup of tea
Old 14-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #25
jimz750
Donington is Back!

Bike: M750
been a while on this thread but when you changed the bars did you have to do any other jiggery pokery or did it all slide in (don't be rude)
Old 14-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #26
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Nah, don't paint those stainless pipes, polish 'em. It only takes a quick attack with a strip of emery, then wet 'n dry, then solvol to get a half decent finish. Perfection takes longer, but isn't neccessary.

Careful when you top up the master cyls.

Anyone tried flat bars ?
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #27
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Ah, spoke too soon...I see PhiLew has tried them.
Old 14-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #28
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Flogging a dead horse?

Paul33's previous reply was posted in July 2009 - 18 months ago

Also the original poster (MonstaChicky) sold her monster ages back

Last edited by gary tompkins; 14-01-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Old 14-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #29
big pete

Those bars look great as well, id love to try a pair but dont know if this old back would take it.
Old 14-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #30
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Spoke too late then, in fact.