UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from the North West

Old 09-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #16
GDCobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I must profess that I am now trying to learn to ride again to hopefully enjoy it all over again and will try and improve myself before the bike. Maybe I just plonked my backside on too fast bikes.
Will be going past Preston in June up to Heysham to go to the IOM TT. Do you ever go over seeing its so close.
I keep promising to go to the TT but one of those things I've just not got around to it, won't be this year, maybe next.
After crashing an FZR1000 Exup a few years ago I decided to go back to basics, wanted a bike I could ride rather than be ridden by, great little bike and I did get better but also learned that I'm never going to be fantastic.
A man's got to know his limitations.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #17
GDCobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal59 View Post
Welcome cobra , I am still getting used to the m1200 and started farkling now! Hope to getsome good trips this year over to northwest 200 and down to Italy.
Sounds like good fun, I insisted I was going to keep the bike stock but already looking at how I can mod'.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #18
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Welcome chap, nice choice and don't let the whole water cooled v air cooled fool you, we all love each other really (I run both)

I've had my 1200s for coming up to a year now, still not totally convinced myself, this year will be telling as last year got a bit derailed due to moving back to the NW. Might see you around soon?
Old 10-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #19
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
Don't mention GPI's!!!!

Does anyone remember the proper spat we had on here from about a year ago with the bloke who was considering a new KTM or M1200??!!
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:03 PM   #20
GDCobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSCannon View Post
Welcome chap, nice choice and don't let the whole water cooled v air cooled fool you, we all love each other really (I run both)

I've had my 1200s for coming up to a year now, still not totally convinced myself, this year will be telling as last year got a bit derailed due to moving back to the NW. Might see you around soon?
I't was a bit of a strange choice really, I'd been looking at a few other similar styled bikes, I've never really thought of Ducati due to a feeling that they are a bit over-priced and over complex (which may be more reputation than truth) but I saw a 696 Monster in a local dealer which started me thinking then I went into the local Ducati dealer really to check out the 821 and the 1200s was there, the right bike at the right money. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it due to weather conditions but it would have to be pretty bad for me not to like. If it's not to my taste I'll keep for a while and then sell it, I think you need to have at least one Ducati in your motorcycle career!

I tested an S1000R last year but the fuelling was so bad on it that I was really put off, I'm sure it was a problem with that bike but I just apart from that it doesn't have the looks of the Monster, likewise the Triumph speed triple. I look forward to seeing you around.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:03 PM   #21
GDCobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan s4 View Post
Don't mention GPI's!!!!

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #22
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
I't was a bit of a strange choice really, I'd been looking at a few other similar styled bikes, I've never really thought of Ducati due to a feeling that they are a bit over-priced and over complex (which may be more reputation than truth).
Overpriced certainly. I think the air cooleds are fairly uncomplicated beasts

Quote:
I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
It's all forgotten now and lets hear no more about it. So that's 2 egg mayonaisse, a prawn quick shift and a tail chop!

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:40 PM   #23
GDCobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
So that's 2 egg mayonaisse, a prawn quick shift and a tail chop!
Old 27-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #24
GDCobra

Not long to go now, picking it up on Thursday just in time for Easter weekend. Got a new car coming Wednesday so busy week.
Old 27-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #25
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Is the dealer DMC Moto and if so did you attend the open day last Sunday.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #26
GDCobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
Is the dealer DMC Moto and if so did you attend the open day last Sunday.
It is but unfortunately I didn't have time to get down there last weekend, did you attend??
Old 28-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #27
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Quote:
It is but unfortunately I didn't have time to get down there last weekend, did you attend??
Yes I attended and sad to say you missed out on a really great day, hopefully will catch up with you there.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #28
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Welcome along.
You seem to have a pretty decent handle on most of the issues.
A sensible person (no offence ) such as yourself is bound to like a monster, I reckon.
utopia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #29
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
hi and welcome, yes there is certainly a fair bit of banter on here re air vs water cooled as I think air cooled are in the majority as the LC bikes were certainly not as popular on here or produced for as long, but its all good natured and but in my opinion the LC bikes are actually more in keeping with Galluzzi's original Monster prototype vision being based on the liquid cooled 851/888 variant. That statement alone may cause some discussion but the 1200 certainly scored well in the Ride long term review and would seem to represent extremely good value considering the resale value of bikes of that ilk and Ducatis in general. Bargain 1199 Panigale anyone?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2015, 12:59 PM   #30
GDCobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
Yes I attended and sad to say you missed out on a really great day, hopefully will catch up with you there.
I think they've got something else going on Easter weekend
, I may get to that, on the other hand I may be out enjoying the bike.