UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Multi bike insurance

Old 13-02-2016, 09:29 PM   #16
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
When I had a blow out in Belgium on my way back from MOB, they were fantastic. They picked me and my girlfriend up with the bike, put us in a hotel for the night, collected us in the morning and dropped us and the bike at the local bike tyre shop. I couldn't fault the service. Whilst you must pay a bit more for it, it times like that when you realise it's worth it. If you travel abroad a lot and don't sit in the smoke, it's a godsend.
When was that though. All customer service was better in the 1950's CN used to use the RAC. Was great back then but they don't anymore and when it took 6 hours and 2 different trucks to recover me from Cambridgeshire I decided to get insured elsewhere and buy separate cover.

Then, to put the cherry on the cake they wrote to me saying that they couldn't insure me any more. I phoned and they said it was because I'd had 2 scooters stolen. So I found a company that would AND they were cheaper. Funny thing was on renewal day I got a call from them offering me a renewal. I told him what happened and he did a bit of work and managed to quote me. Too late and still more expensive. I've had it with them.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #17
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
It was 3 or 4 years ago Dirty, so fairly recent. I only speak as I find and I wouldn't be without the European cover for the amount of times I go out there.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 11:26 PM   #18
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
It was 3 or 4 years ago Dirty, so fairly recent. I only speak as I find and I wouldn't be without the European cover for the amount of times I go out there.
Well that ties in exactly with what i said. My first bike insurance policy was with CN in 2012, 4 years ago. I used their recovery service twice back then, both times the RAC arrived rapidly and were brilliant. I had a couple of trouble free years then last year again twice I needed to use them and both times they sent a 'local' company and neither were rapid. 6 hours from Cambridgeshire took the biscuit and was enough for me. That wasn't even the worst of it. Rather than come collect me on the A road he parked at a junction and I had to help him push the bike a Qu of a mile up an off ramp.

Anyway maybe they still spend proper money on their European recovery but I wouldn't want to have to find out the hard way myself.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote