UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Searching for a bracket to fit a high mounted exhaust

Old 27-05-2024, 11:21 AM   #1
Foggy

Bike: M600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
I used p clips and universal straight bracket lol
Yes I did consider something similar where the bracket attaches to the trellis frame ... I wasn't sure if it would hold the can securely enough. Guess it's ok if you have managed to do it. Sounds like an easier solution to get the bits. Thanks.
Foggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 12:42 PM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
My 900 had high level Remus pipes and silencers when I first bought it, but I soon hoiked them off and sold them. I can't remember even riding it with those as they were too loud and made it look like a wheelbarrow.

They were held on with P-clips as I recall and attached to the grab handles rather than the seat rail I think?
Be aware that the hugger uses up pretty much all the space available under the seat undertray when on full bounce, so try and avoid bracketry that goes under the tray if you can.
Also there is not enough room behind the footrest hangars for the pipes if they are to miss the hugger and swinging arm, so spacers are needed between frame/engine and the hangers.
They will be about 25mm diameter with 10mm holes for the engine and 8mm for the frame.
Thickness will be in the region of 10mm depending on how much room you need to gain.
Old 27-05-2024, 07:34 PM   #3
Foggy

Bike: M600
Thanks Gary, lots of useful and important points to consider there. The spacers in particular so I'll investigate that when I start .... I'm planning this as a winter project after the MOT but I'll definitely try and avoid the wheelbarrow appearance !
Foggy is online now   Reply With Quote