UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My 1997 M900

Old 06-05-2016, 11:23 PM   #16
Nasher

Bike: M900
Had a blat round this afternoon and stopped on the way back at the top Of Butser hill for an Ice cream just a mile or so from home.

Even managed to get a Wheelie bin in shot.

Nasher.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:42 AM   #17
SteveG

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Looks ace!

I have to say picture 2 is particularly well composed... The angle and perspective of the foreground object leads the eye deeper into the picture toward the peaceful green bin, almost as if the beast is set, aggressive and ready to charge at said object of our prime attention...
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:55 AM   #18
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Absolutely agree with SteveG. Very pleased to see the club as a whole moving up a level in bin shots...

Monster looks nice and raw Nasher...
Old 07-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #19
Flip

Yep, you can almost hear it growling reading to pounce (needs to loose the blue and get some red dust caps to compliment the other red parts though )
Old 07-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #20
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
The change of bars certainly alters its look, nice....
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #21
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Had a blat round this afternoon and stopped on the way back at the top Of Butser hill for an Ice cream just a mile or so from home.

Even managed to get a Wheelie bin in shot.

Nasher.

I am very happy to see my first Ducati Monster alive well and being ridden. Yes its my old bike as I just checked a photo of the reg plate.

In her standard mode . It had Scorpian cans when bought then I fitted High Level Sils and fitted the carbon front mudguard with an adaptor plate as was a later model one and a carbon rear hugger. Also fitted later oval indicators and beaver tail tea tray.

Dabbled in tank decals for that first ever Monster trackday with 94 bikes on the track

Last edited by Albie; 09-05-2016 at 06:47 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #22
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
While we're adding old pictures of this particular bike, I've just found one of what it looked like when I bought it complete with Remus high levels and all of the other bits, engine work etc etc done, so it had already changed a bit

And in happier times after I'd changed a few bits (mainly Remus low levels)

And then after fixing lots of bits (sprag bearing, flywheel, starter motor, battery etc etc), I sold it

Last edited by Blah blah; 09-05-2016 at 07:55 PM..
Blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #23
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah blah View Post
While we're adding old pictures of this particular bike, I've just found one of what it looked like when I bought it complete with Remus high levels and all of the other bits, engine work etc etc done, so it had already changed a bit

And in happier times after I'd changed a few bits (mainly Remus low levels)

And then after fixing lots of bits (sprag bearing, flywheel, starter motor, battery etc etc), I sold it
I sold it to a guy in London. Posh bloke for £1800 after getting the S4 so that was around April 2005. I cannot be sure whether sold with or without the Sils and or stock pipes. It was a very reliable bike but had a soggy rear shock and served me well for 18 months. It did have the battery acid damage on the frame on purchase and although I tried to camouflage it was not brilliant. I believe it went to Bristol after that unless anyone knows different. But I am glad to see her again knowing I looked after her for a while.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:15 PM   #24
Nasher

Thanks guys, amazing to see how it's changed over the years, and of course I've done a bit now as well.
No disrespect as I don't suppose either of you did the decidedly dodgy mods to the electrics etc, but I've spent quite a bit of time just tidying up some stuff that didn't sit well with me.
I'm still just as pleased with it as the day I picked it up from Cornwall.
As an aside Blah Blah, my son that was with me that day is now at University just down the road from you in Penryn.

Interesting you put a Carbon front mudguard on it Albie, as it was gone by the time it came to Blah Blah, let alone me.
I put the one on it now last year.
Any chance you could put a rough date on your images for me Albie, just so I can add them to the considerable file of info that came with it.

Oh, and the battery acid damage is still there, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
It's a good honest bike with a few scars and evidence of life. I'm not a polisher but do just try to keep it clean.

Oh, and it's a keeper for me at the moment, I'm still trying to find a rough 900SS of the same age to play with alongside it.

Nasher

Last edited by Nasher; 09-05-2016 at 11:19 PM..
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:19 AM   #25
cactus

Bike: M900ie
Nice bike overall but I'm not a fan of the tail chop on Monsters, I much prefer to see the tea tray fitted. Which owner did the tail chop on the bike ?
Old 10-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #26
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Nice bike overall but I'm not a fan of the tail chop on Monsters, I much prefer to see the tea tray fitted. Which owner did the tail chop on the bike ?
Not me for sure. It was stock when sold. No I never hacked into wiring other than replaced indicators plug in though. Looks like front screen walked too.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #27
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Which owner did the tail chop on the bike ?
The best one

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #28
Nasher

I’m not sure who did the tail chop.

When I picked it up from Blah Blah during summer 2014 it was 17yrs old, It’d had 9 previous owners, and had only done @14K miles.
I’m sure most of those owners have done something to it, and some of the mods have been changed more than once.

Considering how many miles it’s done, none of the previous owners could have ridden it very far, and I’m sure some of them didn’t get on with it because of the mods that have been carried out.

I don’t mind the slightly lumpy less smooth power delivery caused by replacing the airbox with two large K&Ns and a Dynojet kit, but I’m sure some owners more used to modern jap fours wouldn’t have got on with it. I also couldn’t put up with twisting the key to release the seat, and having to straighten it afterwards, so have made some changes detailed on threads here to the mechanism. I’ve also removed the large pieces of thick folded aluminium plate added by a previous owner to do various things.

On the other hand I don’t want to offend anyone on here who may have done the mods that I’ve changed because I wasn’t happy with them. I’m lucky enough to have a lathe and milling machine in my garage, so can do mods in ways others can’t.

Most of all I love it to bits and will keep on looking after it.

Blah Blah passed on a big file of info that appears to have been passed down the line of owners, and I’m grateful that he also got some info from a previous owner on the engine mods that had been carried out.
Albie, if you have 5 mins perhaps you could PM me some brief details of your time with it and I’ll add it to the file.

Thanks

Nasher.