UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » old member, new monster (sounds a bit weird!)

Old 28-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #31
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
i do love it! cant describe how good it is being back on two wheels. everyone that said to get the DS was right. id never had a go on one only tried the 900 but wow. its immense. its weird gives you the impression its more sedate than a 900 but ive come to the conclusion its actually becasue it has a smoother power delivery and torque all through the range rather than all low down. hard to keep at legal speeds though
just hope we get a few more weeks of sun after this pretty pathetic summer.

Last edited by smiffyraf1; 28-08-2015 at 06:48 AM..
smiffyraf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #32
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffyraf1 View Post
i do love it! cant describe how good it is being back on two wheels. everyone that said to get the DS was right. id never had a go on one only tried the 900 but wow. its immense. its weird gives you the impression its more sedate than a 900 but ive come to the conclusion its actually becasue it has a smoother power delivery and torque all through the range rather than all low down. hard to keep at legal speeds though
just hope we get a few more weeks of sun after this pretty pathetic summer.
1100ds even better. Weird why they dropped the ds on the 1100 EVO. Bike sure looks nice. Very happy for you.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #33
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
cheers albie.
yeah i never really thought of that! that is weird
smiffyraf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #34
FLATTOP

[QUOTE=smiffyraf1;515131]i do love it! cant describe how good it is being back on two wheels. everyone that said to get the DS was right. id never had a go on one only tried the 900 but wow. its immense. its weird gives you the impression its more sedate than a 900 but ive come to the conclusion its actually becasue it has a smoother power delivery and torque all through the range rather than all low down.

Great to see you back on two wheels Smiffy and congratulations on the correct choice of Bike, what you say above completely sums up my opinion as well having owned a M900 your right it was all low down torque, where the 1000 is nicely spread out with a much smoother delivery the injection I think goes a long way in achieving this over the carbie.

My best moments where I always crack up into manic laughter are nailing it in third into fourth through the revs, never fails to amuse me.