UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Cleaning up the beltside of the motor

Old 12-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I've just contacted Moto-Rapido and they tell me that the oil line in question costs as near as dammit £100 after the 10% UKMOC discount has been applied.
As always, they were extremely helpful.
They also confirmed that all the aircooled Hypers use the same oil delivery line.

I'll probably do the swap next time I change the belts.
The bike's a keeper so its worth the relatively high price.
But if anyone has a used Hyper oil delivery line hanging about, I'd be interested.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
When I bought my lines they were a tad cheaper than that, however, you could get a set made up for you but when I did mine this was about the same price as a single line from Ducati and it didn't matter to me which option to go for, ...other than the fact I really loathe the red/blue fittings that seem standard on all of the aftermarket companies.
The clincher for me was that the Ducati OE line looks like it was meant to be like that in the first place.

You can also fit the Hyper line in situ if your careful, no need to empty any oil from anywhere, just a few drips from the hose itself.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
MMm... Been looking at secondhand Hyper lines on ebay, and pestering breakers.

Prices are much more than I can justify for a little cosmetic change with very little tangible benifit...That said, the line going across the belt cover is really getting on my nerves, now that I know how to fix it.

Monster oil lines are a good bit cheaper than Hyper ones ( don't know why that should be?)

I am working on the idea of using a second, long Monster line, and coupling it to a short extension ( say a line from an SS)...Trouble is I don't know if there is a fitting that will couple two like ends together?

Going to have a chat with my pal who works at Ben Burgess, to see if there is anything in the hydraulics bin that would work.