UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » any ideas ?

Old 30-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
meatinjecter

Smile any ideas ?

Hii guys, I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on my problem, I have a 02 S4 monster, which occasionally cuts out on tick over, and not cool at traffic lights, I think i have heard the fuel filter could be causing this, and ordered one already, but woud love to hear if this is a common fault, I have been UKMC a long time, but posted little, also i have a M600, and has never been any trouble in 12 years many thanks for looking
Old 01-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #2
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Cutting out at low revs is usually down to the TPS needing adjustment , I have an S4 and poor tick over and cutting out or crummy low speed operation is always TPS and injector balance related ..

fuel filter is unlikely to cause this issue but good to change every 3 years anyway ..

where are u based ,,???
Old 06-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
meatinjecter

I am based in Leicestershire, hmmm she doesnt have poor tick over, or crummy low speed, I have changed the fuel filter, and she does seem to run better, but after filling up with fuel, no warning, just cut out, i will find the voltage on the TPS and see what range it is in, ty for your comment,