UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back in Business - My New S4RS!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
m.ghallab

Cool ECU mapping/ powercommander

Hi guys, great thread.
Really enjoyed. So I have an S4RS '06. Had for two/three years now, and love it to bits.
Few points
1. I used to get 20mpg and now on motorways I can get it to 40ish (100/110miles before light comes on). Ducati pro team is my mechanic, a great guy and he sorted out the fuelling issue basically. The bike Air/Fuel balance was screwed, so it was over burning and back firing etc. Now much smoother, but I have had him done that twice now in almost 3 years, he says I should get a power commander or ECU remap. I have Full Termis Performanice Air, and performance ECU
2. Any one has any clues on bigger tanks, I know california cycles do one that is 16l, wondering if anyone knows about something here in the UK/Europe
3. I am finally gonna do this remap or a powercommander and just wanted to get some feedbacks. I am after smooth ride, economy, power, in that order.

Would love to hear from all of you

Mo
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ghallab View Post
he says I should get a power commander or ECU remap. I have Full Termis Performanice Air, and performance ECU.
3. I am finally gonna do this remap or a powercommander and just wanted to get some feedbacks. I am after smooth ride, economy, power, in that order.

Would love to hear from all of you

Mo
Hi. If you get a remap it doesn't matter what ECU you have. They crack in and change the settings that are on the chip. The DP ECU is better as standard than the original ECU, but it is still no match for a full remapping by a professional which takes it much further.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
mintyhit

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
Hi. If you get a remap it doesn't matter what ECU you have. They crack in and change the settings that are on the chip. The DP ECU is better as standard than the original ECU, but it is still no match for a full remapping by a professional which takes it much further.

I really wish you would have kept a copy of your tuned map when you sold your bike JP! Would be really interested to compare it to DP one. Think the tuner will send you a copy if you ask nicely?

I don't think the fueling is too fair off with the DP map, going by the state of the plugs/general running etc. but I do think the DP map is retards the ignition timing too aggressively, especially below 4k giving it a slightly lazy pickup.

I can show the differences between the standard and DP map if anyone is geeky enough to be interested.