UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Fi Restrictor Kit for M600 - Fitting Instructions.

Old 29-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #16
Dirty

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac3r View Post
Like I said remove the airbox lid, remove the filter and under there you will see 2 intake holes. Most restrictors restrict the air intake and limit the how much the throttle can be turned with a throttle stop screw.

To make sure you could ask someone like Rosso Corse or a Ducati dealer and ask them how they are fitted, some won't mind helping you out.

By the way when I removed the restriction on my 620 I couldn't really feel the difference except it revved a little faster. This was with a throttle stop restriction

Excellent thanks rac3r.

All I saw was the 2 washers, don't know if there is a throttle stop screw as well. Guess I'll find out on Friday!
Old 29-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
rac3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Excellent thanks rac3r.

All I saw was the 2 washers, don't know if there is a throttle stop screw as well. Guess I'll find out on Friday!
Monster 620 was throttle stop only, ZX6R was throttle stop and 4 washers/disc things
Old 02-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
Dirty

Bike arrived

Bike is here along with the washers

Now I just got off the phone to Rosso Corso. Nice chap, reasonable prices but he reckons putting these washers back in is a bitch of a job and involves taking the carbs off. 1 hour + for them.

I asked about the £30 restriction and he said that was probably for the injected versions which just involves a throttle stop!

So much for having a ride on it today or this weekend even!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2bay 002.jpg (29.8 KB, 145 views)
Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #19
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Is that it, 2 'penny' washers?

Presumably they go between carb and intake manifold? if so it's not a difficult job to get them in if you're mechanically minded. Although maybe the carbs need messing with afterwards to get it running right afterwards?

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #20
Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
Is that it, 2 'penny' washers?

Presumably they go between carb and intake manifold? if so it's not a difficult job to get them in if you're mechanically minded. Although maybe the carbs need messing with afterwards to get it running right afterwards?

That's it!

£180 from Fi thank you very much, would you like a receipt sir, you can pull your trousers up now sir!

It's booked in next week for a couple of bits n bobs anyway but I was hoping to have a bit of a blast sooner.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
Dukedesmo

Quote:

£180 from Fi thank you very much

I'm seriously shocked by that, a bit steep even if it included fitting.

Do they come with relevant legal certification or is it just 2 washers at £90 each?

Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #22
rac3r

Quote:

Do they come with relevant legal certification or is it just 2 washers at £90 each?
You get a piece of paper made on MS Word that says it's restricted I got mine at trade which was still about £90 and I ended up selling it for £20 still in the packet!

OP Mine was a 620ie so yeah it was injected. I would have thought the same method would still work though?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #23
Dirty

Quote:

http://www.fiinternational.com/

Doesn't include fitting!!! £180 is just for the kit, oh and by the way they only sell to trade so you can't try and save a bit by self fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac3r View Post
You get a piece of paper made on MS Word that says it's restricted I got mine at trade which was still about £90 and I ended up selling it for £20 still in the packet!

OP Mine was a 620ie so yeah it was injected. I would have thought the same method would still work though?
Yeah it probably would.

I'm going to get my £90 washers fitted first though and see how it goes. Problem is it now has aftermarket cans and may have been dyno tuned so it may still be >33bhp after the washers! Hope not.

JHP in Coventry offer a good alternative. They use their own parts to restrict then dyno it so you get the run read out as well as a letter. Handy to have although as we know its what power it is that is the only relevance.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #24
rac3r

Quote:
http://www.fiinternational.com/

Doesn't include fitting!!! £180 is just for the kit, oh and by the way they only sell to trade so you can't try and save a bit by self fitting

Yeah it probably would.

I'm going to get my £90 washers fitted first though and see how it goes. Problem is it now has aftermarket cans and may have been dyno tuned so it may still be >33bhp after the washers! Hope not.

JHP in Coventry offer a good alternative. They use their own parts to restrict then dyno it so you get the run read out as well as a letter. Handy to have although as we know its what power it is that is the only relevance.
The only way to be 100% is to dyno it, even the FI kits won't guarantee 33bhp. To be honest I wouldn't go that far though, My Monster was running 'race' Termis with the restrictor
Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #25
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Hmmmm. Sounds like JHP have sussed this out. Fit your "own" penny washers made to same dims as the official ones, thus releasing £180 to spend on fitting and dyno testing. Its a no brainer.
Just to avoid misunderstanding, I'm saying that they are offering a sensible, economic and verified solution here. Dunno what they charge, but sounds worthy of recommendation, to me.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #26
Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Hmmmm. Sounds like JHP have sussed this out. Fit your "own" penny washers made to same dims as the official ones, thus releasing £180 to spend on fitting and dyno testing. Its a no brainer.
Just to avoid misunderstanding, I'm saying that they are offering a sensible, economic and verified solution here. Dunno what they charge, but sounds worthy of recommendation, to me.
Couldn't agree more.They already come highly recommended by a mate who uses them exclusively. I don't think they use washers though. Think it's some kind of throttle stop but not sure. Don't quote me on the price but I think it's around about £100 all in. I might give em a call next week and see what they say.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #27
Dukedesmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Whatever JHP charge, I would rather they had the money than some faceless rip-off company charging £180 for 2 washers.

You could knock those up in the garage from bits of scrap and could get them mass produced for less than a quid...

Old 03-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #28
Dirty

Well we are gonna find out soon. just booked it in, being picked up next week. Will update here afterwards.

Gonna stick the washers on eBay!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #29
Sirc

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Couldn't agree more.They already come highly recommended by a mate who uses them exclusively. I don't think they use washers though. Think it's some kind of throttle stop but not sure.
Quite right - Ducati even supplied them in the past (e.g. :- Part Number 82711041A) but unavailable now I think.

EDIT before you sell them Dirty, could you measure the inside and outside dimensions and stick them up on here to let others know? don't have to tell you, the inside dimension needs to be 'close' :-)

Last edited by Sirc; 03-03-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Sirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #30
Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
Quite right - Ducati even supplied them in the past (e.g. :- Part Number 82711041A) but unavailable now I think.

EDIT before you sell them Dirty, could you measure the inside and outside dimensions and stick them up on here to let others know? don't have to tell you, the inside dimension needs to be 'close' :-)
Yeah I can do that. Not right now though as I don't have a set of Vernier Calipers (good excuse to buy some though, only £3 on eBay!) here but my mate probably does so I'll report back on that too.

I just found the notes I took when I first spoke to JHP. Restricting the bike will cost £130 all in but that includes the dyno run which is usually £70 alone.