UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Dukedesmo's M900 project - the intro...

Old 15-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Well I would fit it for pure looks!!

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint aka ML View Post
Well I would fit it for pure looks!!

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
For longer forks I overcome it with bar risers but with angle change so my bars are up and back towards the tank.

It had an unexpected effect that I like of me sitting on a monster with feel more like supermotard then sports bike. Sweet as encourages supermoto style riding and improves visibility.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Tank, bodywork & colour...

So, the basic layout of the bike established I need to look into the tank, 'bodywork' & colour.

Initially I was thinking red but then had a change of plan when I found a nice metallic silver tank, plus I already have a red Ducati. Either way the frame & wheels were always going to be black.

I then later found a new black Metallic tank and was smitten with it, black and sparkly and I like the dark, stealth, even mean look - Wife said it looks like a 'Devil bike'...

Metallica;

'Sparklies';

The tank is for a later model 'Monster Metallica' which are 900ie models so although it fits fine it has provision for internal electric fuel pump/filter etc so will require a little thinking to get it right for a carby bike.

I have an electric pump assembly and will run a 'loop' to the carbs with a return to the tank to ensure that they don't get over-pressurised (I understand FCR's tend to leak/overflow if the pressure is too high), hopefully this will work OK? if still too much then I will need to fit/devise some kind of pressure regulator or reducer.

Anyway I'm glad to get rid of the external, mechanical fuel pump, tap & filter to reduce clutter and give me more cool air flow to the rear cylinder to help keep the temperature down.

Moving onto 'bodywork', not a faired bike but as you all know there are several plastic parts here & there and I'm a bit of a Carbon-fibre fan which, combined with the black bike look you can see where this is going; Carbon-fibre mudguard, hugger, side panels, seat cowl, belt covers, air 'deflectors', exhaust heat shields, number plate tray thingy and I've got a carbon fibre flyscreen that I will test for wind reduction and, assuming it helps in that area I will probably fit, unless it really spoils the look - again the jury is out on that one for now.

To be continued...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0249a.jpg (32.0 KB, 726 views)
File Type: jpg P1010435a.jpg (29.8 KB, 721 views)
File Type: jpg P1020206a.jpg (30.7 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg P1020201a.jpg (31.0 KB, 721 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0248a.jpg (31.4 KB, 738 views)

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote