UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Brands Hatch - Thundersport 30th August

Old 31-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #16
Shuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
I think we kind of sussed it this afternoon. The Pressure plate has some unusual wear/damage on it near the spring seats. We're not sure if it was badly made at factory, or making contact with a part of the clutch when it's running. Anyway we couldn't spot anything obviusly dodgey and the clutch nut was done up ok too. Shuffy's going to test ride it for a few days and see how it goes.

Has anybody got a spare stock pressure plate he can scrounge? I thought I had one but can't find in in the garage - possibly because it's an embarrasing crap heap in need of a good tidy

Hi guys. Many thanks for the offers of a pressure plate. If anyone has one they'd like to sell me that would be great, as I'd hate to borrow one and it gets damaged. As Gary said, it's a bit odd because we can't see anything that's causing the wear in the spring seats. Just out of interest has anyone else seen any wear like that before? Anyway, I'll give it a good ride this week and check for anything getting worse. And a big thank you to Gary for taking time out today and giving a second opinion. (Your trike's fab mate, a superb bit of kit loved by one and all, (well nearly!))

Anyway, the racing was great yesterday, drama and action galore, just like a good race meeting should be!
Old 31-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #17
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
scrapps has one for you for a beer or two in belgium. pick up my house if wanted.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #18
Shuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
scrapps has one for you for a beer or two in belgium. pick up my house if wanted.
Superb! Many thanks Albie/Scrapps, the beers are on me!!! And thanks again for the offers of the loan parts. What a great club this is!
Old 31-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #19
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by crust View Post

More importantly, how did CK and AKs boys get on?

crust
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post

Thanks to CK & AK for putting up with me hanging round garage today

Good luck for Monday
Cheers both - here is the quick update on the weekends derring do!

Sat: Sam got pole, then missed the 1st race due to alternator problem
2nd race got 1st!
Clint - came 5th in class in the 1st GP1/Supertwin race - a superpole race. However - after he had passed the chequered flag, he didnt steady up but steamed on, and the bike over into the gravel. Extensive bodywork & sticky out bits damaged, tho engine still runs sweet. Clint decided to hang up his boots with the team due to him having complete lack of finances to repair the bike........ouch

Sunday: Sam won the 1st race - and was 2nd in the 2nd one - a HUGE well done to him!

Matt stepped up to the mark big time and rode the minitwin never having sat on it before til qualifying - got into the low 53's yesterday! He got a clutch of 5ths & 6th, coming over the line midway through the whole grid in 14th/15th place - well done young fella, you should be proud of yourself!
Matt didnt complete the last race due to him feeling the engine wasnt running right on the penultimate lap tho he had been having a good battle till then - a huge credit to him for taking mature action & brining it back to the pitlane, as this might have saved AK for a hefty rebuild later!

Many thanks to all you lovely people who came along to support over the 3 days - its such a pleasure to see you all! Benelli Dave, Derek, Brent, Senna3 & Trudi, Murraymint & Bev (all weekend these 2!), Kato, Dementor & Sandra (for both days!) Everton & Straycat, Paul & Tom from Snells, Dean & Ari, Jo & Harley, Gary T - and many more who popped in

Big thumbs up goes to NickB #34, who rode the R6 all the way back to our house to collect a spare alternator on Sunday afternoon - and got back just in time to see Sam takethe chequered flag - as AK had managed to temporarily fix the bike to run total loss (not fun on a fuel injected bike!)

Busy time for all - especially with having 3 bikes out on the 1st days racing!

CK
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote