UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Wiltshire » Sammy Miller Museum Italian Day 14/6/09

Old 14-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #91
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris yeatman View Post
nice meeting u all, c u all again soon i hope.
Recognise the bike now, passed you just on the way into Salisbury you're the chap with the shiny helmet.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #92
Steve'o'M900

Yeah cracking day out! Weather was great and no mishaps. Impressed with the Musuem thats the 1st visit there. Was worried early doors that the monster might have a hissy fit along the route at some point, but she proved me wrong and ran very well, only the slow traffic she wants to buck!!!

Still day ended well with a spin on Nattyboys 888, what a bike its so smooth/powerful/precise (was just abit worried about being taken out on it, as i know he treasures it more than his wife/kids!!!!!!) cheers for the spin though mate!

Italian flag has also been corrected, well done to those who spotted my deliberate mistake!

Steve
Old 14-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #93
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
Recognise the bike now, passed you just on the way into Salisbury you're the chap with the shiny helmet.
thats me, was waiting 4 david matthews to go 2 sm
Old 14-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #94
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve'o'M900 View Post
Yeah cracking day out! Weather was great and no mishaps. Impressed with the Musuem thats the 1st visit there. Was worried early doors that the monster might have a hissy fit along the route at some point, but she proved me wrong and ran very well, only the slow traffic she wants to buck!!!

Italian flag has also been corrected, well done to those who spotted my deliberate mistake!

Steve
My Monster ran like a dream! No hissy fits, no nufink, maybe we're intuned?!! Always impatient in traffic though - but who isn't? Who's flag was wrong in the end?
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #95
giler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_62 View Post
My Monster ran like a dream! No hissy fits, no nufink, maybe we're intuned?!! Always impatient in traffic though - but who isn't? Who's flag was wrong in the end?
Mine & Pedros' were correct, Natty the lover of all things Italian got all confused - bless.
Old 15-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #96
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Mines back to front on the S2R at the moment as well (due to the bracket it's stuck too being reversed between S4 and S2R) , but who's flag would that be?

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #97
Jacko

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by giler View Post
Good to meet you today Liz, me and Jacko were last to leave - slightly quicker on the way back! I told Jacko to give the 1198S demo back!!!!
Yep, nice to meet you all. Maybe I should get another Monster - seeing all yours brought back some good memories.

Boy oh boy that 1198S is a beast. The pick up on it at 3k revs is like my 748 at 9k revs.

The test route was pretty sedate as you'd expect - I didn't get out of 3rd, seriously. 1st felt so tall. I'd like to take one out on my own from a dealer to get a better feel of it.
Old 15-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #98
Gilps

That was a great day out. Thanks all for the company. After doing a track day on Friday I was in agony yesterday. About 1 hour in to the ride home I was wishing I had taken the Monster instead.
Old 15-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #99
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Thanks for the company guys and good to meet some new faces....its days like yesterday that remind you why we do what we do !

No bother on the 888 ride Steve - first time i've ever followed it ! Sounded quite good !

Think I upset here by letting only the third person ever to go on her - she had another wee on the drive when I got back (must get a new coolant bottle top!).

Nice end to the day with a quick half a magners at Steves - followed by 2 hours quality time cleaning the old girl with a few chilled morettis !!

Catch up soon
Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #100
NattyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
Apart from the fact there's a guy on ebay selling them for £25 Steve that's a bargain.
Sales prevention at its finest Staff !...
Old 15-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #101
giler

Couldn't believe it when I saw you let Steve ride the 888, hope he didn't rev it like the R1!
Old 15-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #102
NattyBoy

Bless him - he got off at the esso station and he said he was 5hitting it about dropping it !!!!

It was nice to get some feedback to be honest. The only other people who've ridden it are Podgero (to the end of his road and back not getting out of 2nd I dont think !) and the old man (who bought it back after 2 minutes to change his underpants !).

Last bike he rode was a triumph Tigress scooter in the 60's (I quote "is this box three down, 1 up ??!!) I did smile when he got to the end of the rode and grabbed the front brake with his whole hand - nearly went over the feckin' handlebars - lol !!!

As for the revving bit - 888's thrive on revs ;>) !
Old 15-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #103
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters

Mmmm, nice bike
Old 15-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #104
mediumdave

Hi all,

Good to bump in to some of you on Sunday.

My home computer went fzzzz...pop on Saturday, so couldn't arrange to meet anyone on the way; still, Stafford, Grumpy and Pedro were kind enough to introduce themselves to me (I had the shirt on). Will try to get to the weekender next year for sure. Ped, I will try the 14 tooth sprocket, thanks for the tip.

Mine was the red M900 with gold wheels near the entrance to the italian bike enclosure entrance.

Forgot to take a sunhat, so now have a head the colour of a baked bean.

Superb day, loved the metalic green Monnie with single-sider and under slung cans in the main bike park...(I know its a member's bike but can't remember the name) so minimalist and beautifully detailed.. will certainly be used as 'inspiration' when mine comes apart this winter.

Re the test rides, didn't take one out but really taken with the looks of new Monster 1100... not so impressed with the streeetfighter (too narrow and looks like the headlight/speedo unit is sliding down the forks)...loved the superbikes but they'd be wasted on me

Will be down Poole Quay Bike Night on Tuesday (tomorrow) if anyone interested...

Cheers all.

Dave
Old 15-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #105
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
Yep, nice to meet you all. Maybe I should get another Monster - seeing all yours brought back some good memories.
I love my Monster (even though it's only small!). It's enough power and weight for me but it's very repsonsive and will do whatever I ask from it - power down on corners - accelarate for overtaking - sweet! I opened the garage door today to look at it (and make sure it was still there) and actually out loud, said "aaaaaahhhhh" like it was some sort of pet!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote