UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Ear Plugs

Old 03-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
cairojay

Celebrity Deathmatch....

LETS GET IT ONNNNN......!!!!

Honestly, who really cares??? There are far too many things in this world that are much more serious than someone blatting around on a noisy bike. Lets face it Air France and the families of the poor lost souls have got something to think about, not to mention all the cr*p going on in the world what with disease, famine, poverty, drugs war etc etc. People who moan about noisy pipes have way too much time on their hands or are simply so egocentric that they ought to take a good look at themselves before sounding off. Bikers constitute such a small minority in comparison with the amount of traffic on the roads and always will in the UK. There is a law regarding noise, if you get caught then you're bang to rights but in the meantime guys show a little solidarity!!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
IMHO -
I used to have a neighbour who used to start his bike at 5.30 every morning, he had a scooter, but if you had the window open it would wake me up,
I think that any bike starting in the quiet of morning would wake up neighbours.
I dont go out early in the morning on my bike, because i would definitely wake people up.
My thoughts are that if you do commute early to work, spare a thought for the neighbours who may be asleep, and if you dont want to hear your own bike, dont subject others to the noise if you cant stand it yourself.

ps - when did your neighbour mow the grass at 5 in the morning?, i would of gone mad!
________
Iolite Portable Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by uksurfer; 01-04-2011 at 12:46 AM..
uksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
muthaducka

Bike: M1200R
look at the noise levels on this chart: http://www.isvr.co.uk/at_work/m_cycle.htm

For a monster without a screen it shows how loud wind noise at the ear is likely to be.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Gilps

I had some made up at a show for the bike. I think they are Ultimate Ear ones. They are very good. I've got something similar for shooting with a valve in so I can hear normal conversation but stops the loud bang. They are the Green Leopard ones and again are very good. They are avaialbe without the valve too so suitable for bikes. Try your local gunshop. Not sure if they have shops in London though as I think most deals are done on street corners by kids in hoodies.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
Gilps

...and I don't care if my loud cans are anti social. I don't care if they get me noticed by pedestrians. I don't care who likes them and who doesn't. I like them, and so does the police officer who told me so. They are staying.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
S4Rs-Tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
...and I don't care if my loud cans are anti social. I don't care if they get me noticed by pedestrians. I don't care who likes them and who doesn't. I like them, and so does the police officer who told me so. They are staying.
Does anyone else remember as a kid using your mum's clothes pegs and a deck of playing cards to make your push bike sound like a motorbike , the louder the better , and how as a youngster you would look for the approaching loud motorbike in awe, well i am still that kid and love the sound of my rs + open airbox + termi's ( with baffles out ) . Part of my reason for liking motorbikes is the noise and the noisier the better as far as i am concerned.I do feel for people affected by loud cans however there's lots of thing's that other's do which **** me off and control how i live and work , so LOUD CANS ALL THE WAY FOR ME . I must add that even though i say this i do keep the rev's down when and where i think it's necessary