UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Kent » Anyone up to a ride sometime this weekend

Old 24-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #31
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Excellent news that. I will try to be at village a shade after 10pm. Oh and GT its 2 weekends time the meet. Second sunday. I cant pick up m1100 until June 1st thats monday unless I use a van. My fault I asked for tax to start then .

See you guys tomorrow. No route planned as such so follow me to the seaside. Anyone one for whitstable for oysters.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #32
scrapps

Hi guys what time will you be at the coast ? pm me or text me and i will ride out and meet you. (looking a bit black over head)
Old 25-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #33
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I reckon around midday. Will call you. Meet at Whitstable harbour unless you text caroline alternative.
Old 25-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #34
ryanhorton1973

Nice to meet everyone this morning, albiet briefly! Hope you had a dryish ride out to the coast. Did not feel confident with the new rear tyre on wet roads (every time I gave it any throttle leant at minor angles the back felt like it was slipping !) Hope it is dry for Wessons Cafe meeting.
Old 25-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #35
Gadget
wtf...

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Just got in from work so missed the ride out. Some time Monday turned out to be 14:00. Time for bed now.

Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #36
slob

Nice one, thanks for leading us out Albie, and Scrapps for leading us back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maidstone.jpg (30.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Whitsatable.jpg (29.5 KB, 39 views)
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #37
slob

Good to meet Ryan and Andy too, you should have stuck around Ryan it dried up 15 minutes later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 696_sterilgarda_1.jpg (30.8 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg 696_sterilgarda_2.jpg (28.2 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg 696_sterilgarda_3.jpg (29.9 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg 696_sterilgarda_4.jpg (28.5 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg 696_sterilgarda_5.jpg (30.0 KB, 142 views)
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #38
BigOz

Hi,
Thanks eveyone for a good day and Albie for leading us there and me back to roads I knew, I ended up riding home via Canterbury and Ashford and just made it home before the rain came back.
Nice to see you all,

Andy
BigOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #39
ryanhorton1973

Hi. Tell me something I don't know Slob. Typical unpredictable weather ! Got home and started doing outstanding chores as thought the rain was set for the rest of the day and surprise, surprise the sun comes out 1/2 an hour later (Still at least it kept the better half happy !)
Old 25-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #40
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Excellent news that. I will try to be at village a shade after 10pm. Oh and GT its 2 weekends time the meet. Second sunday. I cant pick up m1100 until June 1st thats monday unless I use a van. My fault I asked for tax to start then .

See you guys tomorrow. No route planned as such so follow me to the seaside. Anyone one for whitstable for oysters.
Thanks for the reminder Albie - was getting my weekends mixed up again

Glad you had a good ride today. Was surprised to see you caught rain though. Been dry here in Dartford all day with just a few spots falling in the last hour?
Old 25-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #41
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Hi guys. I enjoyed today. I was feeling pretty crap first thing and also it raining. Have to admit we was hoping you wouldnt turn up and we could go home as it looked pretty ****e.

Glad we did have coffee and wait around for a while as the roads were decent enough. This could have been my last ride out on my bike so at least it was nice.

The seafood was great and the oysters very scrummy. Thanks for meeting us down there Rich and good to see all the public taking piccys of your silver dream machine. Happy belated birthday also.
We had to go early to get back for carolines son but I also sorted garage out too.

Good to see 696's out with the club and is great too that we have new members enjoying our company. Shame about Ryan with his slippy new tyre but who needs to gamble. Dont blame him at all as it did look pants.

Hope you guys had a good ride home and good to see you London Boys again

Thanks guys until the next time

Andy and Caroline
Old 25-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #42
yantheman
Bronze Member

Bike: M620sie
Hi guys, thanks for a good day. Thanks Albie for leading the way and scrapps leading on the way back. Those small roads on our way back!!! Here are some pics of the day from my crappy phone

yantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #43
davetronic

Unbeleivable! I know how you feel, Ryan.
BBC Weather on the interwebnettubebook thingy this morning for Maidstone was sunny/clouds until 16:00 then heavy rain.
Got my kit on and ready to go at 9:45 ( I'm only a few miles from the Village) and it started to heave it down.
Hate rain, so put bike away, agreed on taking her indoors out for luch after all.
Then spent the afternoon sitting outside the Black Horse in Bearsted in shorts in blazing sunshine, wondering how the ride went. I'll never get miles on this bike! I guess I need to stop wimping out when its wet (it's all that cleaning I hate..........................)
Glad you had a good one though!
Cheers
Dave
Old 25-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #44
Diego

Top day. Top ride out. Top company. Cheers peeps!!!

p.s. Rob. Cheers for fixing my gear lever. Good as new.

Old 25-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #45
yantheman
Bronze Member

Bike: M620sie
Nice one Diego, thanks for the pics
yantheman is offline   Reply With Quote