UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Alone in The Lake District

Old 06-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Debra the Zebra

Alone in The Lake District

Am I all alone in the Lake District? It's great riding around here and I don't get out to play with other Ducatistas. I have to rely on trips to Shipley to Charlie Jaggers wonderful dealership to ride out with him occasionally. When all this ice clears, I can't wait to get out! I'm trying to persuade my lovely hubby to get a monster instead of his BMW then we'll be a Lake District club of two!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi Debra,

There is quite a contingent on http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/ but am not sure who has monsters in your neck of the woods.

Welcome aboard

CK
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
DavidEJM

Welcome Debra.

It's great riding up there, I did it a lot as a teenager. Great countryside.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
rockjock620

Try DuN, there are many riders up there from North Yorkshire, Cumbria, Newcastle, Lancashire and Scottish Borders. We do a lot of rideouts, there will be a season opener up to Hartside usually in March. You don't have to ride with just Monsters y'know. Many of us are quite normal.

I get over to Charlie's quite a lot in the Summer and have organised several rideouts for them. Pop over and see me one day when you're down, it's only 17 miles from Shipley to here and you can have a better ride back to Keswick from just North Of Harrogate via Leyburn, Hawes etc. .

Last edited by rockjock620; 06-01-2009 at 05:55 PM..
Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 AM   #5
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
the lake district!!! god that brings back memories! i was a mountain leader in the army and we did alot of our courses there plus i used to lead groups hill walkin...... (read-walkin over a hill to the pub!!)

lovely part of the world, keswick is a great wee town, we had a right laugh there about 20 of us!

anyway welcome!!! tell your man bmw's are the new harley!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote