UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » MotoRapido

Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
Rod

Thumbs up MotoRapido

Got my bike back today from them after a major service, just got to say what a fine experience it was. Quality, friendly service, they phoned me to advise of anything outwith the service schedule, and were honest in any recommendations. Probably around the going rate on cost but I don't mind paying for service like that. Would heartily recommend them to anyone.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Many good things said about them on here. Definitely one of the better authorised guys (independent roots - keepin' it real ).

Test rode the 848 and 748 there FOC a while back and top blokes.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
retskcid

Mmmm, I have had a mixed experience with there parts dept Craig and Richard. Initially parts came through with no hassle (including a not cheap S4R bar conversion kit), but some 4 - 6 six later I am still waiting for high level exhaust mounts and minor bit and pieces (tea tray rubber mounts and spacers). The frustrating bit is that their communication to keep me updated on supply is now non-existent. Not happy
Old 13-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
SJR999r

probarly had to get the bits from italy and when the rung the factory,probarly got laffed at
Old 13-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by retskcid View Post
Mmmm, I have had a mixed experience with there parts dept Craig and Richard. Initially parts came through with no hassle (including a not cheap S4R bar conversion kit), but some 4 - 6 six later I am still waiting for high level exhaust mounts and minor bit and pieces (tea tray rubber mounts and spacers). The frustrating bit is that their communication to keep me updated on supply is now non-existent. Not happy
Odd: I've found Craig and Richard enthusiastic and very helpful on checking parts availability and cost for me, and they tell me straight away what's available quickly and what's on back order at the factory?

They are dependent on Ducati for their parts supply though and I have to remember that as my bike is fifteen years old now, there is no obligation for Ducati to maintain a supply of all parts, especially trim and small ancillary pieces.

If Ducati don't have one, what do you expect; daily phone calls to say they still haven't got it, or for Rapido to make one for you?

Whilst I'm singing the praise of Moto Rapido, a mention for Steve and Mark in the workshop too, who are a reliable source of information and advice, and I really should pay them for something again soon!
Old 13-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
retskcid

Richard and Craig are great, and the first few bits and pieces arrived without a hitch.

As I said initially with exhaust mounts they kept me informed (albeit telling me each week the part would arrive the following week), and eventually told me they were on back order and had no date. I got the hump with it when I also ordered the rubber mounts/spacers for the tea tray (and other minor bolts etc) and now there is no communication at all to advise of progress....

I dont mind if I get a call to say we have no idea when these parts will arrive, but nothing at all??

And it took them over 4 weeks to discover and tell me the mounts were on back order with the factory.

Last edited by retskcid; 13-04-2008 at 04:11 PM..
Old 13-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by retskcid View Post
Richard and Craig are great, and the first few bits and pieces arrived without a hitch.

As I said initially with exhaust mounts they kept me informed (albeit telling me each week the part would arrive the following week), and eventually told me they were on back order and had no date. I got the hump with it when I also ordered the rubber mounts/spacers for the tea tray (and other minor bolts etc) and now there is no communication at all to advise of progress....

I dont mind if I get a call to say we have no idea when these parts will arrive, but nothing at all??

And it took them over 4 weeks to discover and tell me the mounts were on back order with the factory.

To be fair to Craig and Rich, this is quite often out of their control. I ordered a t shirt only to be told it was out of stock and on back order as per their system said. Months later, no change but weirdly enough I got the shirt from Ducati Manchester when the Ducati Order System at Rapido said it was still on back order???
Old 13-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
Jules

I cant Thank Them enough, they rescued me when my rear tyre got punctured on the M3. They were brilliant, they got me a new tyre and I was back on the road within the hour! Would recommend them to all!
Old 13-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Got my monster serviced there, brilliant people. Called me when there were problems. There was a problem with parts from Italy I have managed to get some of my mate as he had them. Parts posted to the workshop and when ordered one’s arrived posted to my mate. Not a problem with that at all. Happy to store the bike when I was not able to pick it up during the week. Labour price is on a ok side. Can find cheaper but would I want to? NO! For that money they do couple of extra bits over the recommended Ducati maintenance so at the end are quite cheap. Was so happy that I got my 749 from them as well.
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
gremlin

We've had nothing but good efficient service, bits have always arrived promptly. We use them rather than our local dealer. Craig is so helpful with advice too.
Old 15-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #11
alreadyinuse

i find craig and richard annoyingly enthusiastic sometimes.
But they know their stuff.
None of the sorry i need a part number that i've had from other Ducati dealers.