UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Black 695, The Mall

Old 10-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
oh, Graham, hello mate

The KTM is relatively sterile. I bought the SM for commuting and it's great for that, but it's not in the same book let alone on the same page as the S4Rs. IMHO (and other SD/SM owners), the Superduke is like a sporty supermoto, whereas the S4Rs is like a relaxed sportbike.

I got the duke from, er, let me go and check... Hyside in Essex (inside the M25 so still safe). They have Ducatis too so you could ride both back to back and let us know what you think.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
gra001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryXt View Post
oh, Graham, hello mate

The KTM is relatively sterile. I bought the SM for commuting and it's great for that, but it's not in the same book let alone on the same page as the S4Rs. IMHO (and other SD/SM owners), the Superduke is like a sporty supermoto, whereas the S4Rs is like a relaxed sportbike.

I got the duke from, er, let me go and check... Hyside in Essex (inside the M25 so still safe). They have Ducatis too so you could ride both back to back and let us know what you think.
That`s interesting Jerry. The feedback I have so far is that the SD is like a naked sports bike rather than a sporty moto.......perhaps it amounts to the same thing??? I was at Hyside yesterday but they don`t have a demo S4RS. Anyway, I`ve now dismissed the Motard so at least the list is narrowing!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
benson

Hyside were a great lot to deal with after my motard was rear ended - don't suppose they had many monsters in did they when you were there? Interested to see what you end up with - I didn't think the motard would be for me but it was and is - I'm smitten!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
gra001

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson View Post
Hyside were a great lot to deal with after my motard was rear ended - don't suppose they had many monsters in did they when you were there? Interested to see what you end up with - I didn't think the motard would be for me but it was and is - I'm smitten!!!
Hi Benson. Yep, they seemed very friendly. They had a 695 on which they would do a good deal and, I think, an S4R. I think I`m down to a shortlist of two now.......S4RS and SDR. Until I find another to add to the list!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
benson

The 695 is a top bike and there will be some rather good deals I think as the 696 arrives in force - can't quite get into the shape of the 696 yet although I'm hoping to go and look at one in the flesh this weekend if the weather permits! I'd be after an S2R 1000 I think if I wanted to replace my M900ie...Happy decision making tho!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
barbican

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson View Post
The 695 is a top bike and there will be some rather good deals I think as the 696 arrives in force - can't quite get into the shape of the 696 yet although I'm hoping to go and look at one in the flesh this weekend if the weather permits! I'd be after an S2R 1000 I think if I wanted to replace my M900ie...Happy decision making tho!
Theres a nice silver 06 S2R1000 in CMW at the moment discounted to quite a good price - - Tempting?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
benson

I ABSOLUTELY can't hear you.....

(CMW you say????? )