UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello

Old 15-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Rudolph Hart

Hello

Hi All,

Waiting for the delivery date for my new Monster 695. I've had quite a few bikes during 30+ years of riding but this will be my 1st Ducati.

Looking forward to lots of fun, my last few bikes have been 1000cc+ but a guy on a Hyabusa couldn't keep up with me round the lanes on the 695 when I tested it. Has to be down to the 695's ability as I'm no Rossi.

Cheers
Old 15-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome to the site. There are now loads of us 695'ers on the site so if it's questions you might have once the bike arrives there's bound to be someone who'll have the answer for you.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
Lucati

Hi!

695's do seem popular! I was really struggling between an s2r and a 695 but after much discussion with friends and other riders I opted for 695 and I love it. It just sounds and feels so good and for a pretty good price it does command respect at the lights!

The only problem is we all have the same pictures for our ID's! The black and red must be the most popular.

Take it easy on the new one!

Lucati
Old 15-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

So Rudolph, are you picking the bike up with any modifications or are you going to wait to see how you get on ?
The array of choice is almost daunting.
Added a front fairing, Marving Exhausts & getting some R & G crash bungs and a 14 tooth front sprocket fitting in a couple of weeks time to help with low speed shudder.

Old 15-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
Lucati

Hey,

I've been getting a bit of rattling or shuddering when im in slow traffic when the bike doesnt want to be in second and seems ready to get out of first, will a 14 tooth front sprocket sort that out?

Lucati
Old 15-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
J.P
No more Monster...

That seems to be the general consensus from what I've read. I'm sure it won't make it disappear completely but it was recommended by the mechanic as a very good idea. Also sounds like a cheap easy alteration for about £40-£50. I'll lose some top end speed because of the gearing but that's less of a problem.

Old 15-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
Lucati

Let us know how it goes, top end is rarely a concern for me but idling between traffic jams is all too common!

Cheers
Old 15-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Rudolph Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
So Rudolph, are you picking the bike up with any modifications or are you going to wait to see how you get on ?
The array of choice is almost daunting.
Added a front fairing, Marving Exhausts & getting some R & G crash bungs and a 14 tooth front sprocket fitting in a couple of weeks time to help with low speed shudder.

I'm starting with a carbon nose fairing, and Coventry Ducati are also fitting a lead/socket FOC so that I can easily plug in an Optimate or similar.

My last experience of 4-stroke twins was with a couple of Beemers, I only get to ride at weekends & found their batteries lost charge quite quickly as they aged (know the feeling!). Mind you, perhaps battery technology has improved? I ran a 650cc single throughout winter with no problems a few years back.

Might think about replacement pipes when finances allow. Experience also tells me it's a good idea to spread these things out with regard to Mrs H.
Old 15-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #9
Lucati

If that's Mrs H on your avatar I wouldnt want to upset her either!
Old 15-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #10
Rudolph Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post
The only problem is we all have the same pictures for our ID's! The black and red must be the most popular!Lucati
How about my picture for a slightly different one? Apologies to any lady riders out there. I'll take a picture of my bike (red) when it arrives.
Don't worry, I'll be sure to wear more than my boots & boxers!!
Old 15-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #11
Chappers

Welcome
Old 15-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #12
Humbucker

The 695 is a great bike Rudolph, you love it more every time you ride it
Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #13
Rudolph Hart

Picked up my new bike yesterday. Had a great day with good weather and even met The Molemeister whilst I was at Ducati Coventry.

Hope you had a good day and a safe ride home Molemeister!

I'm off to enjoy my new bike some more, will post some pics when I get my head round the resizing thing.

Cheers
Old 08-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #14
lcjohnny

Greetings

Welcome Rudolph

Hope the sun stays out for you

J
Old 08-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #15
Rudolph Hart

Quick hi again. Here's some pics of the new bike, sorry about the ugly old chap in one of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Proud Owner.jpg (4.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg New Bike 3 Jul 07.jpg (6.3 KB, 28 views)