UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Newbie in SW London

Old 15-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
Lucati

Hey all!

As I said in my message yesterday, my 695 was at Metropolis to get a new clock (mph instead of kph which it has at the mo.) and also my rear fairing, both of which I had been told were on order since I bought the bike...and guess what! Now they have no record of the order etc... Sales reckon I should speak to parts, parts think it's service and service think it's sales so all in all the service is a bit cack!
I reckon Metropolis are too big, too many people able to pass the buck.
Any ideas on a good south London approved Ducati service centre with less than a hundred people working there?!?!?!

Cheers and happy weekend

Lucati!
Old 15-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #17
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post
I reckon Metropolis are too big, too many people able to pass the buck.
I've dealt with them once, and that was for a carbon Ducati Corse tank pad. Went in to the showroom, saw the nice shiney cases with the Ducati goodies in and saw the tank pads. Waited for the idiot sales man, and waited, waited a bit more, then started whistling and singing, then he finally decided to stop talking to another random bloke, and said;
"What???"
I would like to purchase a tank pad!
"Have to goto parts"
Why don't you put a sign on the case then!!!

Wandered to parts... Stand around for five minutes. I can see the tank pads, but they are on the top line of hooks and being 2ft 1, I can't reach them. Some 'happy' chap walks out from the secret blue door, carrying a battery, looks at me;

"Your not the bloke after this battery"
No I want one of those tank pads, the carbon ones
"Don't stock carbon tanks pads"
Just get those ones on the top line down!

He does this, I turn over the little packets; Look it says Carbon Ducati Corse tank pad!!!

"Oh...."
F**kwit!

By this time my girlfriend had wandered off, as she had noticed my temper was close on boiling point and ready to kick some bikes over!

Quote:
Any ideas on a good south London approved Ducati service centre with less than a hundred people working there?!?!?!

Cheers and happy weekend

Lucati!
Never had a problem with these guys; www.rossocorse.co.uk

They are north of the river, just down the Mile End Road, and turn left somewhere... Ducati approved mechanics So that should keep the old service book happy.
Old 15-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #18
Chappers

Welcome
Old 19-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #19
crash

So my Monster saga continues...here goes...

After speaking to Metropolis and Dave Robinson last Weds I decided not to stick it on trickle charge in case anything went wrong with it (also it was raining and I don't have a garage).

The bike was transported back to Metropolis (another £50) where the sales rep had a quick look at it and reckoned the battery was flat. I told him that we had tried to jump-start the bike with the recovery truck (both with the engine not running and at idle) and it hadn't worked.

Anyway, he brings out another battery connects it up and well if it doesn't just start first time!?!?

Am glad to a certain extent that it doesn't appear to be anything more serious but I leave the bike with them for a once over and also so that they can fit the bar ends (now in stock), tax disk holder which hadn't been fitted prior to delivery (so I was riding around for a couple of days without a tax disk on display) and so that they can stick it on trickle charge.

Now I appreciate that my bike wasn't booked in but I would have thought that this would have been the work of half an hour or an hour tops and I would most likely get the bike back on Friday?

Anyway, it takes me 3 days of calling up the service department before they can confirm that the bike has been done and will be ready for pick-up on Monday. So, I arrive first thing on Monday and you know what, they haven't even fitted the tax disk holder yet!

To cut a long story short, the bike is now back in my hands and has safely handled 2 day's worth of commuting (half a day more than last week!) so it looks like I left the parking lights on after all...

Couple of further quick questions:

1) The bike cut out on me this afternoon on the way home. Changing down to 1st, blipped the throttle and released the clutch and then nothing. Engine out, red (oil light) on. Managed to restart it no problems whilst still rolling although somewhat unnerving. Anyone experienced this?

2) I am considering getting a portable, rechargeable battery booster to keep at work in case the problem happens again. Anyone use one? If so, can they recommend one? Have seen this on the internet: http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/products...r-supply/2212/

Turning circle and steering lock will take some getting used to compared to my scooter but I have a grin every time I am on the bike.

Thanks for listening to my rant and fingers crossed that I make it through a full week of commuting!

cheers,
John

Last edited by crash; 19-06-2007 at 10:09 PM..
Old 20-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #20
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
A fellow Monster rider pulled up at the lights last week and told me to check out the forum, nice to see so many like minded individuals and if the guy reads this then thanks mate!

Hey Lucati,

Don't suppose he was a dapper looking biker with a Senna Grey Monster - I think it was at Kennington Tube lights? If so, it was me. I think we should have a best dressed awards at the next Weekender!

Crash, sorry to read about your woes with Metropolis. They are the biggest bunch of ******s in London. Customer service is nonexistent and the actual bike service they provide, well I won't even go there.

Rosso Corse all the way.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #21
Lucati

Mr Headhunter,

Thank you again, it's a bit crazy how many people I've met / spoken to since being a Monster rider. Had my first head to head with an R6 up the A217 this week, he gave me the nod at the lights and I pulled away in my usual 'oh it's a dual carriageway and it's clear' kind'a way and I didn't see him for a few seconds and then he well and truly kicked my ass! I need to work on my technique me thinks!

With regards to Metropolis, I park outside everyday and It's so convenient for my work but they are just slow and useless! Damiano the sales guy is a top bloke and sends e-mails to the relevant departments but I think that sums up the place - they have to send e-mails to communicate!

Damiano is a monster 695 rider too so he must be ok! (he gets the chance to ride the duke of his choice and he goes for monster! nice)

If anyone fancies a Monster meet in London one evening then the Windmill in Clapham could be good - place to park and sit admiring our fine beasts.

Guess I better do some work - is it nearly home time yet?

Luke aka Lucati
Old 20-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #22
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
2) I am considering getting a portable, rechargeable battery booster to keep at work in case the problem happens again. Anyone use one? If so, can they recommend one? Have seen this on the internet: http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/products...r-supply/2212/
You'd be better off getting one of these, as it comes with air compressor, too. I've had one for a couple of years for my scoot, and it even fits in the topbox...