UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Moto Rapido Dealer Winchester

Old 12-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
Sqwifeve

Moto Rapido Dealer Winchester

Tried the dealer (CMW I think) nearest to me in Chichester first. They didn't have any new 695's in, didn't know if they would fit me, or if I'd be able to test ride one. Said they'd phone me to let me know but haven't yet

Rang Moto Rapido to make sure they weren't the same. Guy was really helpful and encouraging on the phone. Said they had one but to check on the day to make sure it was still there, reminded me to bring my license and said they'd do their best for a ride but as there was no tax on it, they didn't promise anything.

It was really busy when we got there, with only one of the two sales guys in. While he was dealing with a customer, the guy in charge of the workshop chatted a bit about the bike, said they'd do their best to adjust it if it was okay. He sent us upstairs for a drink while we were waiting. We were greeted upstairs by the parts bike, who did a little work out of costs of various bits and said they'd do them at cost if I bought the bike.

I spoke to some customers before us in the queue as they knew the dealers/workshop. They spoke highly of them in regard to their service and helpfulness. Even the lad cleaning the bikes was friendly.

When we got to the salesman, I didn't think I'd be allowed on the bike as I only had a copy of my counterpart but he said yes. The guys in the workshop spent ages lowering the bike enough for me to get my feet on the floor. I got a good deal with what I was originally told would not be discounted with a bit of encouragement.

The level of service was second to none, from all the staff there. I was very impressed. Top marks to all.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Good guys at Rapido!

Proper enthusiasts rather than people out to make a buck. Sales manager Wilf is a top fella as he lets me ride their demo bikes (S4RS, 1098 etc) knowing I'm not likely to buy (although now I'm single, that may well change..!) and Craig is by far the best parts guy I know - his knowledge is staggering! He also has a knack for finding the little special part you didn't know you needed until he mentions it...

Best coffee in a bike shop for miles too!! And always a warm welcome from Chris, Steve and all the others.

I bought my Monster there 4 years ago this month and haven't looked back!

Ped
Old 13-03-2007, 06:50 AM   #3
Guzzirider

I think I went to school with Steve when I was a kid in Winchester (not the college I hasn't to add!).

Did he used to run a little bike shop in Bar End in the 80s?

Cheers

Guy
Old 13-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
MJV

Motorapido

I have to agree with the sentiments, the guys are all enthusiasts, helped when i was buying the bike, repairs, servicing and parts. There is always a good selection of beautiful bikes to look at, customers and motrapidos. Not withstanding the fantastic sounds when Steve is on the rolling road.
Old 13-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
they are indeed jolly splendid chaps, and chappess

I've paid money for them to work on my bike, not something I'd normally do.

I'd even do it again

top people, though some people you meet in their carpark are a touch iffy

Crust
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #6
Shandy

Yeah they are top people, only ever used for parts but the workshop and sales people allways have the time to answer a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by crust View Post
top people, though some people you meet in their carpark are a touch iffy
I think last time i was there you were arriving as me, nick and Pedro were leaving, i would have said hello but didn't realise it was you (if it was you at all)
Old 13-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJV View Post
Not withstanding the fantastic sounds when Steve is on the rolling road.
Oh yeah, nipped in the other day and Steve had a 996SPS on the dyno, had loads of trick bits in the motor and boy did that sound awesome.....
Old 14-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
gremlin

They're good at sending stuff quickly too, ordered bits for beasty late monday and they were here on Wednesday. Not bad prices either. Pity they're so far away for major repair jobs.