UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Running on one and tried all I know - HELP!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
IpauloGTS

Running on one and tried all I know - HELP!

Been away on holiday for about three weeks and return to find the bike which has never missed a beat will only run on the rear cylinder. No spark to the front and the sun is shining!

Expected a bit of condesation at the worst but..

Stripped everything down and tried as much as I can given illogical tendencies and this is what I find after a days head scratching.

Coils seem fine although secondary readings fall outside of Haynes limits of 10.8k ohms - 16.20 ohms with 16.29 and 16.71.

A few dodgy bits of wire but nothing that couldn't be eliminated.

However at the moment I can't get a reading across the terminals of the front pick up coil wheras the rear is spot on.

Questions:

Could the pick up coil give up the ghost just by standing for a couple of weeks?

Is it an easy job to replace it/them?

Am I missing something like another dodgy connection that could cause this?

And does anyone know (or have their tank up to see) which way the two wires (red/white) go into the connector block from the front pick up coil to the left hand ignition control unit (as you sit on the bike). I took them out without noting which way and they are the only ones not colour coded in Haynes.

Any leads (arf arf) gratefully received.

Cheers, Paul.