UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Big Up To Ducati Leeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
logyk

Thumbs up Big Up To Ducati Leeds

Having negotiated a great deal on my new S4R from the above bike emporium
I was resigned to being ripped off somewhat on the first service (labour to be paid for as well as parts and consumables).

Today was the big day. Not only did I get to watch a superbly skilled mechanic at work I also observed everything done to my bike.....yes the belts were re-tensioned ....yes the chain was adjusted

The mechanic was working on my bike for some 2 hours ........then the bike was road tested and returned to customer parking. I attended service reception .......ready with a sharp intake of breath.

Lo and behold, when the bill was presented the grand total was £123 plus a few pence. Labour was charged at £35 / hour plus Greedy Gordon's tipple.
I was delighted...especially when I rode the bike which was transformed .
Previously it had been reluctant to rev smoothly from less than approx 4750 rpm. Now much more eager and of course, as the service had been done, more revs are on offer :twisted: :twisted:

Just finished fitting high level carbon termis/new ecu /open air filter courtesy of NIT (thanks Nattyboy). Road testing starts in earnest tomorrow morning!!!!

Thank you Ducati Leeds ....now please arrange delivery of my outstanding extras and life will be just dandy.