UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » pilot jets size M750 question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2022, 01:22 AM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
pilot jets size M750 question

My 2000 M750 is restored and finished , Alf put in some DRCEIX 9 plugs checked the timing with strobe and put it on the dyno and got it running properly his Dyno showed 62.5 hp at rear wheel so maybe 68 at the crank ? He also did an MOT ,, its sweet to ride with the Ohlins 8.5 springs in front end and the Ohlins PRCS 46 on the rear very compliant and comfy , looks the bollocks in 1974 Ducati Melon Yellow same original 750 sport of 1974

only issue is pilot air screws are 6 turns out to make it run right at idle and up to 1/4 throttle or it hunts and spits back in air box , before the restoration it only needed 3 turns out ?? and was perfect it has dynojet stage 2 but the pilot jets are 40 I think they should be 42.5 or 45 for dynojet , I may have put wrong ones in when fixing the carbs or the replacemnet air screws may be wrong size taper or length ?? , still its running great now after 3 years and looking a million dollars .

I know the dynojet numbering is different from Mikuni the mains and needles are Dynojet stage 2 for sure . Its only the pilots that are maybe wrong

Also Im only running opening pull throttle not the closing cable , wondering if that might be worth reffiting ??

so now I can sell the MHR 750 monster 1997 as I need space in garage while I get on with my 1991 750ss refurbishment its also going to be Melon Yellow .

Photos coming soon