UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Paint Removal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2020, 11:24 PM   #1
Flip

Bike: M900
Paint Removal

Here's one for those of you who have more experience with paints and bodywork than me please.

This isn't Monster related but it is Italian with Ducati electrics so please bear with me.

During the lockdown, among all the decorating Mrs Flip has had me doing while trying to get some jobs done on the bikes as well I have added to the list to get my 1978 Vespa P200e back on the road.

I have owned it for the last ten years or so and after pottering around town on it for the first couple of Summers it has spent the rest of it's time in a corner of the garage under the title 'Restoration- Work in Progress' with a view to strip and re-spray it.

However, my thinking now is that rather than rip it of it's original colour I will get it back on the road in all it's original 'patina'. But there is a caveat- it was given a rattle can job by it's previous owner.

Now it wasn't a very good one- simply spraying over the original paint in a lighter metallic blue and underneath the original colour is visible after a bit of scraping (they didn't even bother painting under the side panels).

So what I would like to know is, is there an easy(ish) way of removing the rattle can paint causing the minimum of damage to the original paint underneath?

Last edited by Flip; 04-06-2020 at 11:27 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote