UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Another battery due?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #1
Doggy

Bike: M796
Another battery due?

When I bought my 796 I had it about a year and then one day went to start it and just got a click click noise . So I got a new Yuasa battery from Halfords and it was perfect until last Friday .
Battery is only a year and eight months old .
Bike turned over a couple of times, but didn't start . Neighbour pushed me 20ft up the rode and I pressed the button and she fired up . It's always on the optimate, apart from this time when it hadn't been for a week . Went for a ride, stopped for fuel and it fired up like normal .
This Friday I was going out on it and same again not starting . The mrs pushed me this time and it started but was revving at 3500 revs and wouldn't calm down . I was taking it for a service so jumped on and rode out of my estate still revving madly with the engine management light going on and off . After a few miles had to stop at a roundabout and it ticked over like normal
. Dropped the bike off at Pro Team, turned it off and then started it perfectly, was showing 14.2 volts on the dash so charging properly .
Do I need another battery so soon? or is it likely to be something else?
The battery on my Triumph is three years old, never been on a charger and might not be started for months over winter and starts first time!.
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote