UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Daytona NO!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
gallardo
Not Junior, Indiana..

Bike: M600
Thumbs down Daytona NO!

Before buying my bike last Friday, I took it to Daytona for a check over who said that it was fine and therefore I bought the bike.

After the first ride, it broke down. Fuse blew due to a shortcut somewhere. Took it to Daytona who said that a wire in the headlamp was causing it. Left the shop and within the mile, broke down again. Phoned DAYTONA, Ducati Dealers in North London (Angel/King Cross) who said they'll come down and get it in their van.

As the day went by, they never called. I phoned them back before they closed and told me that the man with the van, the shop manager, had left and I had to wait until the next morning, which obviously didn't please me to leave the bike overnight in town, specially after getting my previous one stolen.

After calling again, the shop manager answer the phone and said that he was in an 'unusual meeting' (when he had supposed left the shop) and he refused to come down and pick up the bike from me as he was about to leave, to what I said it was unproffesional and if he could care less about customers. He wouldn't even come down with a fuse to get it started. He told me I could 'crawl it home' or 'sleep with it overnight' or that 'I was talking bull**** as I left the shop with the bike working'. He really makes you feel that because you don't speak the language 100% a lack of respect can be shown.

Sorry for all this moaning, but I was fuming last night . Thankfully the bike was still here this morning and changed the fuse and got it started. I don't want to take it to them again. What you think? Anyone recomends any other garage in Central or East London?

Cheers,

Gallardo
gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote