UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Well.......

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Flip

Bike: M900
Well.......

.......No one actually!!!

As Mrs Flip had taken our little one swimming and given me couple of hours to myself on Saturday it saw me take advantage of the dry weather and get out on the Monster for a little whizz about.

After a most enjoyable pootle around the B2139, A283 and A29 loop which saw me back at Whiteways car park for a warming cup of coffee before heading home I pulled in expecting to see at least a few bikes there as it was dry but oh no, not a single one (and only a couple of cars)!

The closest was a bloke (and his mate) who came (almost) running over to look at my bike and then proceeded to tell me how he had the Japanese version- an SV1000!!! Really????

I bit my tongue, smiled and nodded while drinking my coffee thinking how his comparison missed the point as he enthusiastically told me how it 'sounded just like a Ducati'.

When they'd left and I'd finished my coffee ready to leave- I smiled as I thumbed the starter and my old 900 broke the silence with it's usual burble from the straight through Ferracci pipes and the rattle from the open clutch and I thought to myself for a moment 'the only thing like a Ducati IS a Ducati and there is NOTHING like a Monster'.

Last edited by Flip; 07-03-2016 at 08:54 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote