UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Annoyed???, ever so slightly!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
rbt1548

Bike: M900sie
Annoyed???, ever so slightly!

It's just been about a month since I took delivery of my M800Sie after debating and deliberating on here if I should go for it. The bike looks in good condition and with the weather being the way it is I've not been able to get out on it yet so have been getting to know the intricacies of the bike, recoating the carbon side panels and heel guards and have ordered a set of jmh900ie's cables.

When I was thinking about the bike one of the good points was it had a full service history, I know it's not a major thing and a 'must have' but it's good to have and it's part of the history of the bike. When it came I noticed that it hadn't been stamped for the last service so I contacted the dealer and was told it was an oversight and to send it down and they'd stamp it.
I did it on Tuesday, by signed for post, got a call from the dealer on Wednesday to tell me they received the envelope, which had been taped on 3 sides, with the covering letter but they reckon it was sliced open and no service book!!!!, they queried it with the postman and got a, 'that's how I got it', response, Royal Mail at my end were just as helpful; so service book gone!, it's a service book, no use to anyone bar me!
Luckily I had the foresight to scan the service pages before I sent it, I don't know why I did it, maybe a premonition?, but I'm glad I did.

The dealer's getting another book and putting the last stamp on it, and at least I have the scans.
Just let's say, I was one p*ss*d off guy on Wednesday.

1965 BSA Lightning Clubman
1958 Wife
2000 M900Sie
rbt1548 is offline   Reply With Quote