UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Ok got a problem I do not get..?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #1
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Ok got a problem I do not get..?!?!

This is the second time this has happend.

On first ocassion I have put it down to faulty starter motor despite it giving no signs of dying even 30min before.

Just like last time I had fuel leak from FCR's as floats got stuck, as before it was leaking in to the same area of the bike which is front around starter motor. As I was on the move it was mostly going back. As before I noticed it only when I came to halt at destination mainly as at home bike started first time and on the move it was fine.
Just like last time engine off, noticed petrol quick look revealed that it was possibly floater in carb stuck again. My cure is to disconnect petrol to run it dry and it drops. Did so, pressed start bike fired up instantly and run it till dry then igniton off. Took me about 30s to reconnect petrol and let it fill the fuel line a bit. Pressed start and nothing, just clicking noise from relay. Tried to short the wires to deliver direct feed to starter motor it does not even try to turn.

Any ideas?

Any ideas where a petrol could get in to stop starter motor.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote