UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Rosso Corse is ace

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
yantheman
Bronze Member

Bike: M620sie
Rosso Corse is ace

Hi, just back from Rosso Corse.. my bike has been running rough lately and today finally given in and mainly run in one cyclinder and then the second cyclinder can kick back in and launchs me forward bloody dangerous.

So I phoned up Ray and luckily they had a slot for me and spend some time finding the fault. First the front coil was faulty and then there was intermitent power feeding into the injector. Electrical problem!! The loom was full of water inside

I am a bit broke at the moment so I didn't have the money to ask Ray to trace the broken wire and repair it... however Ray suggested a workaround and put a jumper wire from the other injector and put a power feed into the "non working" injector. Bam the bike came back to live again instead of limping along. I must say this is quiet a good work around and thank Ray for suggesting it and fixing the bike and get me going again. Still need to work tomorrow (couldn't go because of the bike fault and my boss wasn't impressed!)

Tommy the puppy is cute!

Now the bike runs fine but I am not sure I am too anal about the whole thing but it is still a work around and I would like to find the fault and repair the loom, i.e have the injector back to its individual feed as standard. Am I wrong in thinking this is doable? I know how to do continuity test on a circuit with a multimeter and I have the wiring diagram.... Are there any electrical geniuses that can help me out? I cannot afford much but something under a hundred pounds, anyone willing to help or give me some "instructions" I will at some point open up the loom and separate the loom and look inside, are there any sub-looms to make finding the broken wiire easier? too many questions...

Last edited by yantheman; 04-12-2009 at 08:33 PM..
yantheman is offline   Reply With Quote