UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » An Aussie Monster

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
Starscream

An Aussie Monster

Hi everyone my name is Matt and i signed up yesterday to become part of the forums. Yes i am from Australia and i won't hold it all against you that you aren't LOL (sorry about that)
I have just put a deposit on my first bike and guess what? it is a monster! Have loved the shape for a long time now and didn't want to start off on a japanese 250 like the law semi requires you to in Australia. I have been riding around on my girlfriends ZX2-R and being over 6' high found it to be quite uncomfortable. When i went shopping for my bike i was undecided between a M600 and an R6 and looked at a few R6's and decided that the monster would be better for me and it looked way fatter!
I put a deposit on a 2004 620ie dark with 8331 klms on the clock (5206 miles in the old money) in of course pristine condition totally naked but still resplendent in matt black! it has a ventura rack which i plan on removing because in my opinion it looks way way way better without it! having paid the bargain price ( i think ) of $9600 AuD for it including riding gear and another 6 months registration i can't wait to pick it up which should happen in 2 weeks when i get back from my work trip!
i have joined these forums because i couldn't find an Australian monster club and have always found forums to be an EXCELLENT source of information and knowledge!
hello again and cheers hope to 'see' you all around
matt
oh and a link to my bike
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~doa/DSCF1174.JPG