UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Tricati project 2 - Update

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Tricati project 2 - Update

Hi all,

Progress has been slow the last couple of weeks, as it's taken me a while to track down some of the tools, materials and equipment I needed. However a couple of weekends and late evenings in the garage has seen the project take a leap forwards.

Finally got the back to grips with the mig welder on Friday night, and after an hour practicing on scrap steel was happy to tackle the real thing. Still no expert tough, and I think most of my welds would get 10/10 for strength but maybe 6/10 for appearance - I'm sure I'll crack it with more practice.

I lost count how many times I double checked the alignement, before finally committing to weld it in. It's well within the 3mm tolerance specified by Trike Design (nearer 1-2mm actual) so should steer fine on the road.

Picked up the wheels & tyres this week, so I had the chance to fit them today and finally drop the trike off it's temporary support jig. Felt a bit weird rolling it out of the garage on 3 wheels, but it's a Tricati for sure now and no turning back! :burnout:

Hope the photo's do it justice - I'm chuffed to bits
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trike_1.jpg (79.8 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg trike_2.jpg (82.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg trike_3.jpg (87.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg trike_4.jpg (86.0 KB, 108 views)