UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » We are all concerened

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
We are all concerened

The next 24 hours will be critical for football legend George Best's survival, the doctor treating him has said.

George Best is on a life support machine

Professor Roger Williams said Best, 59, was stable but had made no significant improvement since he was placed on a ventilator after being struck down by a lung infection.

He said: "He is holding, that's what I can say. His condition really hasn't changed since yesterday."

But he added: "I would like to have seen some very definite improvement in this last 24 hours.

"So I think the next 24 hours is going to be critical as to whether he's going to make it or not."

Prof Williams added that Best's family were saying "swear words, good words, bad words, anything to poke a reaction from him", but Best remained heavily sedated and was not communicating with those around him.

I would have thought shouting "Pub's open" would have had more chance. I am naturally crossing my fingers and hoping the machine can be turned off soon.

That sounds bad doesn't it, what I meant was I hope his family won't have to visit him much longer.

No that's not right either, you know what I mean
Old 20-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
Didge

After all the alcohol he's consumed over the years, when he does 'pop off', he'll keep well preserved at least.
That'll p*ss off the likes of our Spacemonkey I reckon.

Old 20-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Not wanting to play god or devils advocate, but I must admit to a certain lack of sympathy here. There's lots of very i'll people wishing they had a chance of a single liver transplant, and this guy manages to trash two!

National hero my arse
Old 20-11-2005, 10:44 PM   #4
Scotty

well hgumm and yeah

jyusrt shut it

if ya dunt have owt 'nice' to say dunt say owt

since it been headline (thers nowt else interesting to report on) news every one knows and as such id let em make their own minds up err tge public yeah

errm sorry i must be stiring

Old 20-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #5
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Exclamation Toon army on the loose

Scotty,

Yah avnee joost coom in fraam thah poob lad?

Too many Newky Browns again

Last edited by gary tompkins; 20-11-2005 at 10:59 PM..
Old 21-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #6
Scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins
Scotty,

Yah avnee joost coom in fraam thah poob lad?

Too many Newky Browns again
i realy shouldn't try and post anything after a few beers i may lean one day

Old 21-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #7
w108rna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins
Not wanting to play god or devils advocate, but I must admit to a certain lack of sympathy here. There's lots of very i'll people wishing they had a chance of a single liver transplant, and this guy manages to trash two!

National hero my arse
Totally agree with you. I do feel some sympathy for the fella but how many opportunities do you get in this game of life before you gotta bite the bullett and take responsibility for yourself.

Get well soon anyway.

Old 21-11-2005, 08:45 AM   #8
SAMMYE

Definitely going to play devils advocat here:

Unless you are an alcoholic then you cannot empathise fully with what he has been through and without empathy how can you judge a man who has drunk himself to an early grave!?

Very harsh guys!

yes he has almost killed himself through drink and yes he was given a second chance which was seemingly wasted on him but he is more than paying for that now. Do not forget whatever his downfalls he is a Brother, Father and Son. It is very obvious what he has done to himself theres enough sanctimoniousness in the tabloids.

Its all very sad

Last edited by SAMMYE; 21-11-2005 at 09:27 AM..

Old 21-11-2005, 09:19 AM   #9
dean

from a good clean living roman catholic boy

quoting the ultimate book of words:-

"judge not lest ye be judged"

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

"my name's Brian and so's my wife"

bla bla bla,bla bla bla.

Old 21-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #10
A Yerbury

beer or wine? decisions....

Unless you are an alcoholic then you cannot empathise fully with what he has been through and without empathy how can you judge a man who has drunk himself to an early grave!?

Very harsh guys!

following this rather ropey logic I need the mindset of a paedophile before I can judge their behaviour? crass comparison but you get the drift?...I have had self destructive friends who have gone before their time (or not) in fact one liver exploded exploded only last week....the one thing these people did not want was mis placed liberal empathy, what they really wanted was to not be alive.

oh well, cheers!

Last edited by A Yerbury; 21-11-2005 at 02:20 PM..

Closed Thread