UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » feeling old...

Old 25-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
scrapps

feeling old...

Just had a quote to add a Multistrada 1000ds to my insurance it has two bikes on at the moment but I was told no problem to add another as its good for up to 10 bikes.
Wow 10 bikes I wish..... So the very nice lady told me the price while I was happy with the cost I could not help thinking I must be getting old to have such a good deal.
So sorry if your young or have little no claims but I could not belive the good deal I am getting and want to recomend people try Ducati insurance as I now insure 3 bikes fully comp with no claims and legal cover for less yes less than £200 pounds.
Give them a try you may be suprised.
Old 25-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Used Ducati insurance myself for a while now, the S4Rs only cost me an extra £50 a year to insure over the 695!

With multiple bikes they take the view you can't ride all three (or ten) at the same time so the premium value represents that.

That said, I'd imagine at your age you're low risk due to the free bus pass being a more viable option then riding places no?
Old 25-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
scrapps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSCannon View Post
Used Ducati insurance myself for a while now, the S4Rs only cost me an extra £50 a year to insure over the 695!

With multiple bikes they take the view you can't ride all three (or ten) at the same time so the premium value represents that.

That said, I'd imagine at your age you're low risk due to the free bus pass being a more viable option then riding places no?
Yes the bus pass is handy LOL..If you insure the bikes as single rider they know only one at a time will be ridden so you can get a good deal.

Sorry to hear you had such trouble HC
Old 25-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Hey Rick wait till you get to my age, not only do you get a free bus pass but your insurance certainly drops in price on the bikes but just try getting travel insurance to the states, blimey you need a bloody morgage. I'm a big fan of ducati insurance and find Nick especially good to deal with.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
scrapps

I know what you mean BB I have just returned from the states and my insurance was bad enough. My father wanted to go back to the US to visit but says he could not justify the insurance costs.(has a heart condition)
I have been with Ducati insurance for 3 years now and I am more than happy with the price and the first class service.
Old 25-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
STIVH

Ducati Insurance are Brilliant but one small word of warning don't ignore the renewal policy date even if it's by direct bank order as I did a few years back.

I assumed that they did it automatically then happened to find the day after that it hadn't been taken out, a quick phone call later the next day mean't the loss of all no claims bonus and a £45.00 hike in the cost (still bloody cheap though).

A bit of red mist later and some verbal apologies all round and I managed to get the original deal but it was a close thing.

This years was a slight increase as Norwich Union (now AVIVA) have refused to insure group motorcycle policies apparently?
Old 25-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
BluprintZ

I just mentioned on another thread that i've used ebike for three years, both the Monster and the Thruxton only cost me £114 for the pair, the Triumph alone is £ 92!
Although i am an old farty-pants..innit?

G ; ) .

http://quote.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/?s...RckaQ&mpch=sem
Old 25-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
He11cat

I may take a look ..
I use Footman James and yesterday had the mother of all arguments with them....
I asked them to renew my policy ... someone didn't leaving me uninsured.
I only realised when checking my bank statement and the pile of papers they sent,
Two of my bikes where not covered!
(monster was).

They kept me on the phone for over a hour cut me off 3 times and then gave me 3 wrong quotes.
They then gave me a quote for the Monster to which I then exploded and said you don't bloody insure that bike! I have gone through 3 quotes with you ten mins ago.
Oh he said I forgot to save them have to do it all again.

After being put on hold for 15mins my renewal price had gone up £50....
I by then was scarlet in the face from arguing.
They also tried to blame me !!
I said I told you to renew the policy and you failed to.. I have hard copies of email if you want me to send you them..

Bloody shambolic...
Worse still the quick call I was promised from my moby turned into way over an hour... which has cost me a small fortune..
I needed the bike that day so had to use them to quickly sort problem.... never again!

They where so rude.. totally incompetant!
Old 25-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
He11cat

Scrapps your not old btw... lol
Old 26-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #10
He11cat

Im dreading 40.... il either have a huge blow out or hide under the duvet for weeks ...
I was bad when I hit 30... but 40 .. its depressing for me as still feel 18!
If anybody puts up a Melly is 40 banner today or something I think they better have the men in white coats and a straight jacket handy... melt down
Old 26-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #11
Pomp1

Just renewed wit DI, 98 quid for the Monster fully comp! Happy days..