UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Big Thanks to Corbin from my Bottom

Old 30-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
Shandy

Thumbs up Big Thanks to Corbin from my Bottom

After much looking around at options for slightly higher and more comfortable seats (being 6ft 4ins was finding things a tad uncomfortable) I finally bit the bullet and bought a Corbin seat (after a bit of overtime to pay for it) as I couldn't find owt else that looked half decent.

First impressions after a quick run to try it out,

Seating positions completely different it sits me further back, this puts me a little higher up and not so screwed up in a ball squashing heap against the tank and my legs slightly less doubled up, so for that.

As a result of the move in position everything seems to be in the wrong place, gear change, rear brake, handlebars etc, so it will take a bit of getting used to and maybe need a few adjustments to positions of stuff, so for that at the moment.

On the comfort front after 15 minutes seems so much better than the old seat, no butt or tail bone ache at all. I will be taking the bike to work tomorrow so will find out what it’s like after a 50mile/1 hour ride on a mix of roads, so for that.

On the looks front I avoided the pretty rank colour co-ordinated yellow piping and yellow welts options and went for the all black which looks virtually no different to the original, so for that. Photos of the finished fitted item should be below, apologies for the quality.

All in all very pleased with it so far and will find out more after a longer ride tomorrow

Cheers,

Shandy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003_0101Image0002.JPG (20.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg 2003_0101Image0003.JPG (20.7 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg 2003_0101Image0001.JPG (26.6 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 2003_0101Image0004.JPG (25.5 KB, 93 views)
Old 30-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I bought one from sjr999/simon on here, fitted it, sat on it for 30 seconds then sold it. much worse than the stock seat for comfort in my opinion but I am "only" six foot tall. Put me in totally the wrong riding position.

Ped

Last edited by Pedro; 02-06-2006 at 08:12 PM..
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
I bought one for sjr999/simon on here, fitted it, sat on it for 30 seconds then sold it. much worse than the stock seat for comfort in my opinion but I am "only" six foot tall. Put me in totally the wrong riding position.

Ped
So how can you tell after 30 seconds. Valentino Rossi didnt like the look of his bike until he rode it and felt better then all the rest. The passenger seat is the real winner in a corbin seat as the design is purely for comfort. Im 6' 1" but have a small boney arse and is comfortable for about 2 hours.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Albie

I knew instantly when I sat on it - the position was all wrong. Put my weight too far back and I had to stretch to the bars. I prefer to sit closer to the tank to put some front end bias on the weight distribution and the corbin seat was all wrong for this. Bear in mind yours may be different as you ride a kettle and the seats are different.

Ped
Old 30-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #5
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Albie

I knew instantly when I sat on it - the position was all wrong. Put my weight too far back and I had to stretch to the bars. I prefer to sit closer to the tank to put some front end bias on the weight distribution and the corbin seat was all wrong for this. Bear in mind yours may be different as you ride a kettle and the seats are different.

Ped
Possibly true yes. Alas I have the joy of NO Bar adjustment on mine. Funny thing is Gully sat and rode mine and said position feels really good. Personally I would prefer normal bars but conversions around £150 quid. My ex missus complained to buggery the standard seat pillion was uncomfy for most journeys. Caroline wont get off the corbin. Mind you she has not been on standard seat. Might be worth an experiment.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #6
Shandy

Well after as couple of hundred miles in a couple of days none of the bum ache I got with the original seat and I’m finding it so much more comfortable to ride the bike in general. It didn't take as long as I thought it would to adjust to everything being in slightly different places too.

Quote:
I knew instantly when I sat on it - the position was all wrong. Put my weight too far back and I had to stretch to the bars.
Ped
I can understand what your saying Pedro, for shorter people it will be more of a stretch for the bars as you sit further back but for me its one of the best things I’ve bought so far purely from a comfort point of view. Each to their own i guess

Cheers,

Shandy
Old 02-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #7
sadbiker

I don't know why but the seat on my S2R1000 is softer and more comfortable than the seat on My missus 02 620...
Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadbiker
I don't know why but the seat on my S2R1000 is softer and more comfortable than the seat on My missus 02 620...
I expect they must have improved things over the years, your missus 620 is probably worlds better than my 95 M600 from all those years ago when they used un-soft foam!!!

Up to 250 miles in a couple of days now and am wondering why i didn't do this years ago
Old 03-06-2006, 06:08 AM   #9
Kiwi

Quote:
I bought one from sjr999/simon on here, fitted it, sat on it for 30 seconds then sold it. much worse than the stock seat for comfort in my opinion but I am "only" six foot tall. Put me in totally the wrong riding position.

Ped
had a corbin seat once looked great but it put my back out