UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Dunlop Sportmax Sportsmart.....any good ?

Old 17-03-2016, 06:35 AM   #1
Italiatwin

Dunlop Sportmax Sportsmart.....any good ?

Any experience of these tyres ?
What do we think of em ?
Old 17-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #2
BigOz

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I ran the first generation and the Sportsmart2, they are a noticeably heavy tyre. I found them to have a steady roll in but to be quite confidence inspiring at lean. They lasted reasonably well and gripped well in all the conditions I rode in, riding all year but avoiding snow and ice completely.

Andy
Old 17-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
Flip

Bike: M900
As mentioned here many times before tyres are a very personal thing.

Not so much for their grip levels these days as most riders would never find the tyres limits on the road and maybe not so much even about how quickly they wear- although that is a consideration to weigh up against cost, particularly if you do a lot of touring or commuting miles in a year.

But most of all about how they 'feel' to a person and if they 'suit the bike' and or your riding style.

I have bought bikes with Dunlops already fitted (my Monster being one) and I have also fitted them to my race bike in the past and I have never felt really happy on any of them.

They made my Monster feel like the front wheel was going to slide from under me at almost every round-a-bout and they turned my race bike (these were pukka race tyres by the way) into a horrible handling twitchy little thing which until I rode it on Avon race tyres I didn't know just how good a fifty year old bike could go round in circles!