UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Fuel tank compatibility...

Old 19-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
matthuds

Fuel tank compatibility...

...does anyone know if the tank of a 2004 monster 600 will fit a 2007 620?

Got a few scuffs on mine and would like a standard red so i can tart the original up with a fancy paint do ;-)

Cheers
Old 19-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yep.. should be a direct swap

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
slob

...as long as both are metal or both are plastic. If you're buying a bare tank and need to swap fuel pump etc. you need to be aware that everything isn't fully interchangable between the two types.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
matthuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
...as long as both are metal or both are plastic. If you're buying a bare tank and need to swap fuel pump etc. you need to be aware that everything isn't fully interchangable between the two types.
Oh ok, so i cant just take the pump, seals and hinges out of my current 620 tank?
Old 19-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
slob

Only if it's made of the same material as the replacement. The filter and pump on a metal tank are fitted through the removable filler neck under the fuel cap. On a plastic tank they are accessed through plate underneath. I'm guessing your 2007 620 has a plastic tank, a 2004 bike may do, it may be steel. 2004's around the time the factory switched over.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
matthuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Only if it's made of the same material as the replacement. The filter and pump on a metal tank are fitted through the removable filler neck under the fuel cap. On a plastic tank they are accessed through plate underneath. I'm guessing your 2007 620 has a plastic tank, a 2004 bike may do, it may be steel. 2004's around the time the factory switched over.
Ah ok, thanks for clarification.

Tags
fuel tank