UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Another night spent running from the pub...

Old 29-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
banditloon

Another night spent running from the pub...

Picture the scene, two scary, not so hairy, rufty tufty bikers sitting in a pub last night. Talking the usual rubbish that a burger and chips and a pint of fizzy amber pop brings with it. Then the doom and gloom clouds appear from the west.

Yes, this was last night, sitting at The Swan in WoT. We were sitting in the pub garden watching the birds do a runner from the big scary black storm front, watching the planes trying to avoid it and listening to the odd rumble of thunder. After finishing our food and drinks, we decided to run away to the safety of my flat and watch the storm from there! And what a good call that was!!

I like my style of storm chasing. Go home, watch the storm from there, whislt eating biscuits and drinking tea (it's an English way of storm chasing!).
Old 30-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
ladybird

hehe, I was stuck in SW3 when the lightening started and laughing my arse off as I wound through KingstonUT as the rain started and all the mopeds were trying to get past me to get home before their flipflops and tshirts got soaked .... me doing the speed limit fully geared and making myself big was very very amusing to me

it was most excellent weather for being in a pub or indoors though, one does like the lightening