UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » White Van Man(is a Tit) - Luckily God decided he didn't want to talk to me today!

Old 18-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
Darry

White Van Man(is a Tit) - Luckily God decided he didn't want to talk to me today!

White van man decided to pull out in front of me and 2 others on the way to work today. I didn't quite make it past the front of his van, and put my leg out to protect the bike

Ended up squashing my leg between front bumper and bike... the left Crash Bung (R&G) sheered off with the force of the the bumber impact and hit the inside of my left leg (ouch-big bruise) went through a gap in the trellis frame and came to rest on the engine, no damage to engine amazing. I continued (on bike) across white line heading for gap left by taxi that had just flashed white van man to pull out! Managed to stop without dropping bike!

Luckily I was wearing full leathers and my boots and leg protection took most of the impact; but pain was bad (worse than man flu), had xrays but luckily nothing broken

Damage to bike - Crash Bung, Gear change foot-lever.
Damage to van - number plate in lots of bits thanks to my leg.

White van man is being a tit and denying its his fault despite 2 witnesses in my favour and me only asking him for money to replace parts. W*nker!

I can't be bothered with insurance hassle so will just take the £50 hit for parts, the leg hurts but it'll heal for free.

Thanks go to:
- Chaos Inc for staying late at work and getting me a discounted gear change foot-lever.

- Nim, for medical advice.

- NHS staff at London hospital

Now looking for lots of female sympathy...(oh the pain)...
Old 18-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
JMo

Phew - lucky escape there fella!

If you're sure you weren't at fault then I'd take the git to cleaners insurance wise - don't let 'em get away with it, they'll only do it again...?

And hey, you don't know if there could be longer term complications? - Personally I'd at least report it to your insurers (and plod)... just in case...

Best of luck with the recovery either way...

xxx
Old 18-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
sadbiker

I agree with above, I knocked my foot last year, it all seemed ok but now get loads of pain.
Old 18-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
What a p*ick. Hope the leg heals soon mate. Speak to rider support www.ridersupport.com and make the fecker sweat!

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
Phew - lucky escape there fella!

If you're sure you weren't at fault then I'd take the git to cleaners insurance wise - don't let 'em get away with it, they'll only do it again...?

And hey, you don't know if there could be longer term complications? - Personally I'd at least report it to your insurers (and plod)... just in case...

Best of luck with the recovery either way...

xxx
It was a works van, so he won't suffer!

Thanks for all the support!

Darry.
Old 18-09-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
DavidEJM

He might not suffer initially, but maybe his employer might think twice about letting him loose with a works van again.

Might even be worth a call to the firm if it was sign written............bad publicity for the firm etc etc.

Narrow escape though. I hope the recovery is swift and complete.
Old 18-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
Shandy

Good to hear your ok there, sounds like a close one

As others have said report it to the police and the insurance, no way should you be out of pocket at all on this
Old 18-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE

if he's got insurance!
Old 18-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
Scotty

whoe's sue ?

think id be more like yourself, if threes absolutly no doubt that theres anything wrong with you at all (sleep on it aches and pains can take a while to surface) and the dammage to your bike in minimal id imagine the hassel of an insurance claim isnt quite worth it, IMO . al ldepends who your insurer is etc
Old 18-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #10
GULLY

Hi Darry
it is good to ear you are ok matey, and the bike damg is low.

gully
Old 18-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #11
bod

Glad it wasn't to serious fella...On a different note one off my drivers(he ferries customers around in a small people carrier) had a collision with a CBR 600 this afternoon...not his fault!

Bike rider got up on his knees then was lifted up by two men and thrown in the back of a transit van that was following swiftly leaving the scene and not leaving details!!!!

Result one CBR at side of the road with no rider, police and my driver all baffled as to what had happened.....oh and and £1900 damage to to both doors rear quarter wheel and bumper on the people carrier....DOH

Stolen bike anyone? Anyone around the Kirksandal area of Doncaster please feel free to fill the police in with what you witnessed!
Old 18-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #12
Nim

you're just trying to be like me really, arent you.....hehe
Old 18-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim View Post
you're just trying to be like me really, arent you.....hehe
Yes, that's right, a taller version.
Old 18-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #14
Bodybag

When you grow UP you could be a crash test dummy. I think there's a minimum height requirement though!!
Old 18-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #15
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybag View Post
When you grow UP you could be a crash test dummy. I think there's a minimum height requirement though!!
There is a maximum height too, which is when you become just a Dummy, what height are you?