UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Monster arrives tomorrow! :)

Old 05-10-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
johnnystorm

Cool Monster arrives tomorrow! :)

Well, I've done the intro bit in the newbies section but I'm rather excited as I have just learnt my Monster should be being delivered tomorrow!

The fact I haven't got a licence yet is a bit of a bugger, but at least I'll have the cleanest Monster by the time I pass.

It'll be an '01 600 Dark and I can't wait! I've sold my Evo 8 and got myself an Aygo Black for the boring journeys and the Monster for having fun.

Aside from the small matter of the test I still need to get myself kitted out. The bike itself would probably benefit from having its squared off rear tyre being changed and a new rear disc was advised on the MOT. Nothing too drastic to sort I hope!
Old 06-10-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
squiffything

Way to go JS look forward to seeing you around the little lanes of suffolk soon
Old 06-10-2006, 08:39 AM   #3
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorm
The bike itself would probably benefit from having its squared off rear tyre being changed and a new rear disc was advised on the MOT. Nothing too drastic to sort I hope!
Congrats on the bike mate. I only passed my test at the beginning of the year (third time lucky) and jumped straight on a monster. I've tried riding jap sportsbikes and other things but none have the character, looks or handling of a Ducati. I've had three sets of tyres on mine this year and can highly recommend the Continental Road Attacks as they're good in all weather and will even cope with track days. I was scraping my footpegs without running out of grip.

Have fun on it and see you around maybe.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
SazzaG

Evo 8 to Aygo? That's one hell of a step down!

I had my monster before I passed my test, and it was brand new. Certainly gave me an incentive. That was 3.5 years ago, and the only way I'd sell it now would be to upgrade to a bigger monster.

Good luck with everything!

Saz
Old 06-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
johnnystorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SazzaG
Evo 8 to Aygo? That's one hell of a step down!

I had my monster before I passed my test, and it was brand new. Certainly gave me an incentive. That was 3.5 years ago, and the only way I'd sell it now would be to upgrade to a bigger monster.

Good luck with everything!

Saz
I suppose the change from Evo to Aygo is a big one but to be honest I'm bored with fast cars. I only ever used it to go and see my GF of a weekend and on the M25 at 7.00pm I'm at a standstill like everyone else. In the Aygo I'll get there just as quick and when the weather is nice I'll be much faster on a filtering Monster!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
johnnystorm

Incidently, I might well bump into some of you as I live in Suffolk, GF lives in Worthing and her family come from the East Midlands!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
SazzaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorm
GF lives in Worthing
Oh well, we can't all be perfect.

There's a few of us who are out and about in Sussex, so let us know if you want to join us.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
johnnystorm

Looks like it will arrive tomorrow as the weather is atrocious!
Old 06-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #9
sidrat
ex S4rs owner

Bike: S4r
hey, dont worry about the weather, it will be fab with a new bike to ride, enjoy!
sidrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #10
johnnystorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrat
hey, dont worry about the weather, it will be fab with a new bike to ride, enjoy!
Look again! I haven't got my licence, my mate wasn't too keen on a 120 mile ride in a monsoon!