UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Termi troubles....

Old 23-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
DukeChick620

Termi troubles....

Hi all, well recieved the termi high levels today, part number 9600620B. YAY!!! Look awsome however.... They dont seem to fit? No instructions for a starter (fleabay) so sort of playing by ear. I ran a few checks and my bike is listed as compatable. I know they go behind all the rearsets etc. The left one slots in perfect however the right one doesn't? Also placed the left can onto the high level pipe and had to remove the numberplate and once on it's also about 6inches past the numberplate housing. Any help whatsoever would be much apreciated and worth a few drinks when I finally meet you all. Many thanks, Jacqui.
Old 23-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Lowsider

When I fitted mine I had to fit spacers between the rearsets and the frame plus changed my plate to an 8X6" so it would fit between them. You can see what I mean on my bike in the pictures on my site. www.howroyd.co.uk
Old 23-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
DukeChick620

cheers, that helps a bit.so yours are the same as mine and you have a 600 too? Notice you have different rearsets though... anywhere I can get the manual for it?
Old 23-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Lowsider

will have a look to see if I have mine somewhere........ I'm actually away but back hoome on Thursday so it will have to be then.
Old 23-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
dlloyduk

Yep you need to fit some spacers in the mountings for the rearset or file a bit off the lugs on the rearsets.
Then chop 2.75" of the Cans they look much better.

Old 23-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #6
Scotty

umm spaceres

do you have a tail chop chickchuck ? makes the numberplate a tight fit, and even if you dont there might be a bit of numberplate meltingness if your not careful
Old 23-02-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
DukeChick620

right im slowly getting there. Cheers guys. Last minor problem is the hangar brackets you get with it. I cant properly figure out where they mount. I think the long thin one goes width ways accross the bike where the two origional bolts are and are replaced by new longer bolts however cant figure out where the stubby one goes? Can anyone clarify both of these? Many thanks. Jax.
Old 23-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
Scotty

stubby one bolts to the same bolts as seat lock think you need some longer bolts

and the long one bolts to the underside holes for the other end of the lock mechanism i think its all kinda hazey
Old 23-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #9
DukeChick620

That sounds about right scotty. Hubby figured out the stubby one. Sorry to slightly divert however I did the obligatory starting of the bike with no cans! LOL. Anyway just pushed the long thin one up to the underside bolts and yeah that looks about right however a bit of the underside plastic gets in the way???
Old 23-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
Scotty

no idea, ive got about 8 bracket bolted onto them two bolts (damm that tail chop disaster)

think ive got he alu bracket right on the bottom though
Old 23-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #11
Bodybag

You have to mess about with it a bit to get it right as (if I remember rightly) the undertray and mudguard mounting gets in the way. I had the same problem with Beelzebub if you look closely on the pic below, you'll see kind of how it all goes together.

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/sho...00&ppuser=2326

The silver thing above the number plate is the left hand can hanger. Doesn't really look amazing when you chop the tail off.

Note to self - Sort out Beelzebubs arse!!
Old 23-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #12
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Hi Bodybag,

Out of interest what size is your number plate? Is it 8" x 8"?

Thinking of changing mine and yours looks cool mate.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #13
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
I now know why I stuck with the Sil's & WRP's - sooo much less hassle

Plus they're far shorter so you don't get the "wheelbarrow" effect post tail chop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WRP's.jpg (31.2 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by gary tompkins; 23-02-2007 at 09:11 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
Hi Bodybag,

Out of interest what size is your number plate? Is it 8" x 8"?

Thinking of changing mine and yours looks cool mate.
That one is a standard plate but I trimmed it down with a jigsaw to fit between the cans. Left a small border all the way round but other than that its standard font size and spacing. My new one however is slightly smaller and black and white. When I say slightly smaller I mean 6"x4"! Same size as a standard photograph. Not sure how well received it will be by the filth but as I ride with police riders a lot I reckon I might get away with it.

What do you reckon? (and yes it does say www.ukmonster.co.uk where my finger is. )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Plate.JPG (19.5 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by Bodybag; 23-02-2007 at 10:42 PM..
Old 23-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #15
DukeChick620

Cheers for your help guys. Calling it a night for now, totally lost track of time. Also come to a stumbling point, looks like the previous owner bodged 2 bolts in the seat lock mechanism, he used wood screws and they ahve siezed so we need to use the e-z out tomorrow and get two new longer (BOLTS.) Coming along nicely though. Will post piccies upon completion. Cheers all. Jax