UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » MCE phone call

Old 08-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
solomoto

MCE phone call

The other day I received a call from MCE saying it was a courtesy call to customers to check their policy. The guy said after a bit of pushing they were getting slated on review sites as their claimants were not happy ! I like the others came to go with them through a comparison site and presumed the excess on my police was as stated in the list, £250 compulsory and £150 voluntary. When indeed after linking to their site it was set at £1500 !!! yes i did not read the small print, as did a host of others, hence the bitter reviews after claims were made.
The customer service guy reset it to £400 as a good will gesture for the remaining of the policy, which was good.
But.... it just goes to show even the huge companies take notice of what we say, and if there is enough cage rattling then they do act !
I was just wondering if anyone else had been mugged on the excess like me, check your MCE polices people !!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
mrtony

Mine is £250 compulsory excess with Bennetts on an S4.
I don't have a voluntary excess.
I paid £106 for FC cover.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Bike: M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony View Post
Mine is £250 compulsory excess with Bennetts on an S4.
I don't have a voluntary excess.
I paid £106 for FC cover.
Mine isn't even that low a month!

Damn living in London. I need to save for a deposit and buy a house in the country side.
jonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
john baylis

I am with Bennetts who put me with Equity Red Star for my 1100 Evo £165.20p fully comp with passenger cover 4 years no claims and bonus protection, £250 compulsory excess no voluntary excess i dont think thats to bad.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
benson

Bike sure - multiple policy for me. MCE came in way over last year's price and I couldn't afford not to change. Their excesses have been known to be unreasonably high I think. So - I'm with bike sure and they've been really good - making the effort for new custom. Always pays to shop around
Old 13-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
solomoto

I am in Hammersmith and its £380 fc a year, the post was mainly to make sure the good folk on here read the small print and did net get a shocker with the excess....