UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » S4Rs....pick it up this week!!

Old 18-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
sidrat
ex S4rs owner

Bike: S4r
Smile S4Rs....pick it up this week!!

I really miss my old S4R, was the best bike i ever owned, so today to cheer myself up i traded the numty strada for a new one....white of course....wasn't sure of the colour in the pictures, but it looks a million bucks in the flesh, so now i am back in the fold, where is that track day info........
Old 18-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Bike: S4Rs
A week is a long time in politics

It's even longer when ya waiting for your bike. Mine arrived in country three days ago but I don't get my sticky mitts on it for another week or so, as its having a variety of mods done before I take delivery. Sadly the funky Zard exhausts will not be ready for a while as they have to modify the design to suit the testa wotsit engine. Pics to follow when she finally arrives.
Old 18-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
sidrat
ex S4rs owner

Wot colour did you go for??

Apart from exhuasts, what other mods are you likely to start off wiv?

I can't wait, mine was opened up in the show room for me to sit on!!!
Old 18-03-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
fatbloke

its all here sidrat
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/trackday06.pdf
Old 18-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #5
bod

Did you get it from Itali Moto?
Old 18-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrat
Wot colour did you go for??

Apart from exhuasts, what other mods are you likely to start off wiv?

I can't wait, mine was opened up in the show room for me to sit on!!!

Sidrat, we both have an excuse to behave like four year olds in a sweet shop now. I've a whole load of stuff going on mine including:

Cycle Cat titanium rearsets, Carbon fibre tailpiece, number plate holder, ignition key cover, sprocket cover, clutch cover, rear chain guard, front chain guard and hugger. Titanium axle nuts, rear sprocket nuts, carbon heel guards, magnesium rocker covers, gold Regina chain, quick change sprocket carrier, STM fork adjusters and frame plugs. Clear indicator lenses and LED's, tailight LED conversion, polished rear sprocket plate, sidestand, pillion footrests and hangers, gear change and rear brake levers, top yoke clamps.

Lastly, those infamous Zard exhausts!!!
Old 18-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily's driver
Sidrat, we both have an excuse to behave like four year olds in a sweet shop now. I've a whole load of stuff going on mine including:

Cycle Cat titanium rearsets, Carbon fibre tailpiece, number plate holder, ignition key cover, sprocket cover, clutch cover, rear chain guard, front chain guard and hugger. Titanium axle nuts, rear sprocket nuts, carbon heel guards, magnesium rocker covers, gold Regina chain, quick change sprocket carrier, STM fork adjusters and frame plugs. Clear indicator lenses and LED's, tailight LED conversion, polished rear sprocket plate, sidestand, pillion footrests and hangers, gear change and rear brake levers, top yoke clamps.

Lastly, those infamous Zard exhausts!!!
Have we remortgaged?

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
sidrat
ex S4rs owner

Now thats what i call a list!!!!

You really have been in the sweet shop, i only have a hugger on my list at present, and maybe some sort of luggage, would like to see it when its finished, what colour did you go for?

Bod, yes bought from Italia Moto, i see you are numpty strada or not, had two now, great fun but no monster!
Old 18-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #9
Jim66a

Sounds like Italia will be having a busy week. I'm collecting my S2r1000 from them, But sadly not till 27th So i'll not have it untill after Butlins. My fault for being on a training course all this week
Old 19-03-2006, 08:59 AM   #10
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Can you sign for this package sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie
Have we remortgaged?
Not yet, give me time !!
Old 19-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #11
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Quote:
Now thats what i call a list!!!!

would like to see it when its finished, what colour did you go for?
Red.... rather predictable I know
Old 19-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #12
sidrat
ex S4rs owner

I understand the red thing, its a ducati after all. All mine have been red over the years, apart from the one Senna rep. I didn't like the white with red stripe in the pictures at all, but went along to italia moto and saw it in the flesh, and i was sold, its pearlescent and set off with the red frame and white wheels, which remind me of my old paso! probably a bugger to keep clean, but at least we will get to know each other.
sidrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #13
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Quote:
I understand the red thing, its a ducati after all. All mine have been red over the years, apart from the one Senna rep. I didn't like the white with red stripe in the pictures at all, but went along to italia moto and saw it in the flesh, and i was sold, its pearlescent and set off with the red frame and white wheels, which remind me of my old paso! probably a bugger to keep clean, but at least we will get to know each other.
Not seen the pearlescent jobbie in the flesh but I imagine it's quite a looker and a refreshing change from the usual colour choice that Ducati offer.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #14
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Picking up the bike this Saturday!!!!!!! It is FINALLY ready. Only three weeks of it sat in the showroom to have had to contend with. Sadly the ZARD exhausts are, I am now being told, not likely to be available until next year and I am not sure I can wait that long and might inevitably end up slapping some Termis on it as a result. I have looked at several other options / makes but none of them tickle my fancy. I don't want slip ons as they still don't address removing the hideous catalytic converter slung underneath the engine. It weighs a ton. I might try and contact ZARD direct and see if that bears any fruit, but I am not that hopeful. Still, at the very least I will be in possession of two wheels again come the weekend, which I haven't been for some considerable time, since I waved goodbye to the 999.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
benson

Hurrah!!! So pleased it will be ready for you at long last - here's to menay menay happy miles on the beastie!!!

I just picked up my Buell...My grin is widening with each mile - he he he - and the shopping list has only just begun - rather like that splendid Carpenters song!!!!