UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » The pricier but one off chop

Old 26-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
Little Monster

The pricier but one off chop

Well, finally got round to doing it. The tea tray has needed to go since I got the bike and yes, another one bites the dust. Far too lazy to do it myself so had a chappy fabricate a rather beautiful bracket and do the whole shabang for me. One piece of aliminium, powder coated, set the light back, new indi's and a very tidy job of the electrics so if any fool wants to put the tea tray back on, a couple of sleeves and bob's your uncle. Had some other bits done too so not sure exactly how much it cost but, put it this way, it's a shame you don't really see it.

'ere y'are
Old 27-06-2005, 12:15 AM   #2
Wraith

Tray

Cool! Looks really good, How much did it cost in the end?
Old 27-06-2005, 12:29 AM   #3
Scotty

ummm but nah,
what you realy wanted is a rusty old table top to cut up and mount plates etc

roll on the rain
Old 27-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
DesmoDog

Yeah, and you don't look cool without the plate at a jaunty angle and all the cable hanging out - like mine
Old 27-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #5
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
now thats the way to do it, spend a little time, a little money and do the job right. Very tidy and it removes all the gaps and wires. Top marks.
Old 30-06-2005, 08:43 PM   #6
johndark

Snap!

I like that,Little Monster! (Cos its the same as mine )Did mine using a bit of stainless from work.Finished it off with LED indicators(Greggs Customs) that fit the cut ends in the frame tubes and ran the wires through the frame and out under the seat.Looks quite minimalist, if you like that sort of thing Put bar-end indies on the front,nice, but left me without mirrors for the time being
Old 01-07-2005, 10:33 AM   #7
Lost Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndark
Finished it off with LED indicators(Greggs Customs) that fit the cut ends in the frame tubes and ran the wires through the frame and out under the seat.Looks quite minimalist, if you like that sort of thing
Are they the little clusters of LED's that push into the ends of the frame rails? where do i get some?!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #8
johndark

led indies

sorry bout the delay i found them at my local bikebits place(cant spell accessories ) they are the same diameter as the frame tubes,thats what made me get them.theyre hemispherical,but i think they look better than the cluster-type thingies.if you punch greggs customs into google, you should find their site.i did look at buying them over the webnet thingy but it got too complificated .will try and get pics up
Old 09-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #9
Little Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Cool! Looks really good, How much did it cost in the end?
not sure really, i have suffered the cost of the design process of course and chappy did do some other bits for me too so not really sure. too much. does look nice tho