UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » S2R800 2 year Service – London

Old 26-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
faulkss

S2R800 2 year Service – London

Hi all,

My S2R had 6000 Mile on it but it is due for its 2 year service. I am fully aware that this is a biggy and have budgeted around £500 and I am wondering where in London (and surrounds) to take it.

Also, and probably the key question: since it will be out of warranty after this service anyway (due to age) is it worth going to a Ducati Service Centre, or would someone like Rosso Corse (as I live 2 mins walk from there in the new development on the other side of the train tracks) save me money but not cost me anything in way of warranty penalties.

I have been down and had a chat with Ray and he seems to be a straight up kinda guy. And there always seems to be positive comments on here about him.

Thanks all

Steve
Old 26-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Unless your bike had an extended warranty it runs out after 2 years. In that case, you don't have to take it to a main dealer and places such as Rosso Corse are fine. There is no point in paying extra for a Ducati registered service centre if somewhere locally can do it more cheaply.

I can't vouch for that particular garage ( I believe it has had differing reviews in the past) but local services are worth something in my book.
Old 26-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
I picked up a service price list at Moto Rapido a few weeks ago.
2nd year service low mileage (3k per year) £211.07, doesn't cover consumables I'd guess, so why does it seem to cost so much more?

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
faulkss

I was just guessing at the 500 mark, as anywhere from 350 to 500 seems to be the numbers that are thrown around on here. And I like thinking the worst and then not having to be there