UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » S2R Clutch

Old 02-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
DrBob

S2R Clutch

I picked up an S2R this morning and have put about 80 miles on it so far but I still can't get my head around how to use the hydraulic clutch and I couldn't find anything with a search. When it gets to the biteing point it seems to all go in about a mil of travel and jerk the bike forward.

Also can anyone recommend where to get something to remove the ugly curved peice of plastic from the back end.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:48 PM   #2
JMo

A Doktor writes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBob
I picked up an S2R this morning and have put about 80 miles on it so far but I still can't get my head around how to use the hydraulic clutch and I couldn't find anything with a search. When it gets to the biteing point it seems to all go in about a mil of travel and jerk the bike forward.

Also can anyone recommend where to get something to remove the ugly curved peice of plastic from the back end.
I understand the S2R (and new 620's) have a kind of slipper clutch, that also has a varying bite point depending on how many revs you use - sounds like a pain in the arse to me, but I'm sure you'll get used to it... don't know if you've had a V twin before, but the nice thing about the Monster is that it will pull away quite happily from very low revs, so I would hope the clutch has quite a bit of travel at that sort of engine speed...

As for getting rid of the rear mudguard... you need a visit along the coast to the Doktor x

xxx
Old 02-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
DrBob

It replaces an SV.

I thought it may have a form of slipper clutch as there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of engine braking when shifting down on the clutch.

Thanks for the PM, it depends on what time I drag myself out of bed as to if I'll be there. :lol:
Old 04-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
Melnie Mouse

JMO does a wonderful job so go and see her.... !

You'll get used to the bike.. it's lovely..