UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » what bits should i get to tart up my S4R

Old 03-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #1
Boon

Thumbs down what bits should i get to tart up my S4R

Hi I have just payed for a S4R and I get it on the first of march and whant some sujestions on what I can get for it to make it look better and make it faster and sound nice i.e whitch make of pipes ???

Last edited by Boon; 03-02-2005 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: looks better now
Old 03-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #2
gizmo750

I've done the carbon rear hugger (looks good and keeps things clean and protected) and the Arrows Titanium full exhaust system with removable baffles - sounds lovely. Also put an open DP clutch cover on with a red pressure plate and stainless springs - because it looks great and sounds mad!

Power Commander is next on the list.

Try browsing Spareshack's site for some ideas.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
farl

Bike: M1100s
Gizmo, what hugger did you fit?
farl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #4
Tezzer

So far I have resisted the temptation, but gave in when some cheap exhausts came my way in Germany last week. Sounds good, not TOO loud, but better than standard,especially with the emovable baffle out ! See "What Price" thread.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
nik_the_brief

A set of 'spokey dokes' (failing that a playing card attached to the forks with a peg) and a colourful set of streamers to go on the handlebar ends.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:13 PM   #6
Bobble

Hi Boon

My own way was to fit a hugger (carbon of course) and then to put some miles on the bike 2500 so far. I was going to put on a pair of Termis untill I found out how much money they are, now i'm not saying the are too expensive (yes I am)- but I used to work for a company who made and supplied Triumph with the carbon silencers for there 955i etc .I refuse to pay that amount of money (or at least untill I can't live without them anymore - they do sound the mut's) on a name and a bit of carbon, I can do without the extra 4bhp.

Anyway, why change such a thing of beauty .

Now where's my credit card gone
Old 03-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #7
rjc

I can really recommend the hugger from Spares Shack. It's a two-part item, complex molding but a thing of beauty and certainly does the job.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #8
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Just keep it standard like me....

As the pringle advert goes.."once you start..you caaaannnnt stop" :twisted:

On a serious note..hugger a MUST (ive got a different version based on the DP item...more compact)

Another must is the steering damper...anything other than a billiard board smoovge road will induce some very interesting head wobbles under power (im sure other S4/S4R owners will be along shortly to confirm this !!)

I can get you a DP carbon damper with mucho discount of list when the times right..

Man..youve got one serious piece of kit to look forward to :twisted:

Mine lofts the wheel off the throttle in second no bother..its a feckin animal !!!

Enjoy

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #9
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBoy
Just keep it standard like me....

Man..youve got one serious piece of kit to look forward to :twisted:

Mine lofts the wheel off the throttle in second no bother..its a feckin animal !!!

Enjoy

Nat
Standard? You're the biggest parts tart I know.....

And I can confirm it will lift off the throttle as Nat says!!! Well it did when I had a go.....

Ped
Old 03-02-2005, 04:26 PM   #10
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
[QUOTE=Pedro]Standard? You're the biggest parts tart I know.....

And I can confirm it will lift off the throttle as Nat says!!! Well it did when I had a go.....

....whereas your old girl needed the clutch stroking a bit... :lol:
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #11
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon
what I can get for it to make it look better and make it faster and sound nice i.e whitch make of pipes ???
I take it that you're unhappy with the power and performance of the bike already even tho you haven't got it yet?
Why don't you just get it first, then ride it and take it from there.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:01 PM   #12
Boon

I have had a go on a S4R befour and it was good fun thats why a got one coming on the first march ! But Its that it dont sound right lol
and I am am a bit put off as this S4R is the slowest bike I have had
Old 03-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #13
gizmo750

My hugger was from Spareshack and I am very happy with the quality and the fit. I put it on to keep crud off the shock primarily. As for the pipes, you just can't have a Duke without it giving out the "right" noise.

I went out with my wife (who now has my 996 with 50mm Termi's) and a friend with a Harley and I couldn't even hear my bike at 5,000 RPM (I was running it in). The Arrows look the part, get rid of the ugly (in my opinion) cows udder which is the only part of the S4R I didn't like, and they sound flippin' lovely - baffles in or out (but better out).

I think I will have to investigate a steering damper come the better weather and fit the Power Commander to compensate the pipes.

I will be sending begging PM's to Nat when the damper is required

As for the S4R being a slow bike - point to point on the road mine is just as quick as the 996 it replaces and a damn site more comfortable too.

Last edited by gizmo750; 03-02-2005 at 06:12 PM..
Old 03-02-2005, 06:11 PM   #14
Boon

Well Me {BooN} and Nutty Natasha Tasha will be on a m620s.i.e capirex ,are going to the monster only track day so I can have a good look at all ther other monsters to give me a idea of what i can do to my S4R But the power comander is a good think every one as sed and the open cluch is the other But its the sound lol
Old 03-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #15
gizmo750

Pictures added to above, just so you can see what I am talking about